Honored Contributor

Queen Not Wearing Matching Coat Today?

Just think, next year may well be even hotter.

Screenshot_20220719-133302_kindlephoto-55156313.png

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Re: Queen Not Wearing Matching Coat Today?

I hope the poor guards at Buckingham Palace are able to remove the furry hats. Smiley Sad

A member of the Queen's Guard receives water to drink outside Buckingham Palace in London

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Respected Contributor

@Mersha Surely they are rotating them more frequently instead of making them stand for long periods of time.

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624  I was in London in the late 1990's and the summer weather there got into the mid 80's which was unusually hot for that area.  A lot of buildings did not have A/C and the locals were quite uncomfortable with the heat.  As an American I would ask for ice in my beverages (they drink them room temperature) and a server joked with me for the first time he thought that was a good idea too!  

Honored Contributor

@nova 

i've also toured in London and its surrounds very comfortably in past summers.

On a related topic, I remember reading one analysis of why the world is going to have a terrible time achieving climate control is that so many areas where the temperatures are rising so high are in areas where A/C is pretty much non-existent and adding it will add to temperature increases while it creates conditions that sustain life!  I just never thought about London as one of those areas!

Respected Contributor

I have close friends who are English and live in London.  It's been very difficult for all of them being unaccustomed to this type of heat.  Fans are at a premium and at best they are only pushing hot air round.  They have been advised to stay inside as much as possible.

Esteemed Contributor

I just cannot imagine heat like that without A/C.

I occasionally watch BBC news, and they did report the highest temperature in England ever recorded.  Along with a devastating death toll, it is reported many crops are dying throughout this huge area in Europe.  One side effect some people never think of.

Esteemed Contributor

She's got a right to be hot too!  LOL.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Respected Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

I hope the poor guards at Buckingham Palace are able to remove the furry hats. Smiley Sad

A member of the Queen's Guard receives water to drink outside Buckingham Palace in London

When they start keeling over maybe they will stop wearing these ridiculous uniforms. 

Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

She's got a right to be hot too!  LOL.

@gertrudecloset   I bet she's not suffering without AC.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment