Honored Contributor

Re: Candles & the Post Office

@chlema wrote:

@Gorgf I get that they are under pressure and have to work all kind of hours but I also think it would just take a glance at the large Fragile - Glass to at least not toss the box down.   In my area you are lucky to get mail delivered on the day they say and too often mail is "lost".

@chlema 

👍

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Harry's candles are packaged very well. I have never had any ofmy candles break in delivery.

Honored Contributor

Some people don't want a job, and have no interest or pride in having one.

Respected Contributor

A really sturdy corrugated box with proper protective packing inside is key.  No one handles packages carefully any more.   I always look at the box label when I get a really good sturdy box just to see who made it. 

Respected Contributor

Last summer, I had a box of six large Yankee jar candles delivered upside down and set down in the hot sun on the sidewalk...a foot from the shady front porch...by the time I found them the wax had melted and seeped out of the one cracked jar and through the cardboard box onto the brick sidewalk. I took the entire mess to the only Yankee store in our area now...fifteen miles away..and showed it to the young lady at the register. She was horrified and told me to pick out 6 new candles from the shelves. I have been really careful about what I order since the heat is so intense now. I have enough candles to last until next spring. UPS needs to up their game and learn "this side up" and "fragile"  labels are there for a reason. 

Respected Contributor

I know many of the boxes that are sealed with tape come open due to the heat.  Even though it is hot outside, it is even hotter inside the trucks the packages sit in for so long. I have six pkgs on order. Too hot to go out and shop. I find shopping online a blessing right now. 

Honored Contributor

@Trailrun23 wrote:

Last summer, I had a box of six large Yankee jar candles delivered upside down and set down in the hot sun on the sidewalk...a foot from the shady front porch...by the time I found them the wax had melted and seeped out of the one cracked jar and through the cardboard box onto the brick sidewalk. I took the entire mess to the only Yankee store in our area now...fifteen miles away..and showed it to the young lady at the register. She was horrified and told me to pick out 6 new candles from the shelves. I have been really careful about what I order since the heat is so intense now. I have enough candles to last until next spring. UPS needs to up their game and learn "this side up" and "fragile"  labels are there for a reason. 

@Trailrun23 

There was a lot of good deals on Luminara and Harry's Homeworx candles but I was afraid to order due to the record breaking heat....🥵

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

My neighbor found one of my Walmart deliveries no where near our door, must have been tossed, directly from the truck.  Not sure if Walmart does their own deliveries, or it was the USPS.  Luckily it wasn’t something fragile.  I normally don’t order online from Walmart, so I’m not sure.  

Glad your candles are making it in one piece!  Great that Slatkin has good packaging.  

Respected Contributor

@lynnie61   I order some heavy bulk andd some pantry items about every  four months from Walmart and Fed Ex does the delivering from their warehouses.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Honored Contributor

@aroc3435 wrote:

@lynnie61   I order some heavy bulk andd some pantry items about every  four months from Walmart and Fed Ex does the delivering from their warehouses.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

@aroc3435 @lynnie61 

Good ole Fed Ex ---that explains a lot.....

In two orders I had Amazon threw light bulbs and a vase and broke them...