Esteemed Contributor

Re: Cancelled Vacation

[ Edited ]

@Sushismom  We discussed several times that it would be October.  As a business person, she could have given me dates that were convenient for her.  I personally believe that she had an obligation to let me know that she rents the house out in the winter.  Maybe I am mistaken.  Actually, anyone renting their beach house out for the winter should not be putting it in a charity event.  Just my opinion.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

@Goldengate8361  The vendor is not giving me that option.  The house is rented for the year and that is it.

Esteemed Contributor

@SXMGirl So that is even worse than i thought. So, you are saying that all of 2021 is already booked? I would simply ask the vendor for some dates that you cohld choose from....no matter how far it goes out (i.e. 2022, 2023!). By the way, I think it is terrific tbat you supported the vets charity in the first place. (a charity supporting animals, right?). Bless you.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Goldengate8361  Our vet has an animal charity and keeps quite a few rescues at her office.  Her facility is beautiful and she does very good work.  She is kind and conscientious.  While I am not sure that she would really understand the implications of a vendor who does not follow through on her word, I know that her parents, who put up the money for this facility, would be outraged.  They are just good people.  I actually told DH that I think we should just consider the money a donation to a good cause and let it go.  I don't think that I would even enjoy being in the vendor's rental after this.

Respected Contributor

Yup, box the vendor in by asking for the next date available.  That should tell you how dishonest she was being.

Esteemed Contributor

Two nice things you have done - written a very lovely draft of a note to the vet and, best of all, supported fur babies.

Yes, the vet should know about this donor for the future.  I am sure it was not what she intended.

Also I would recommend that all raffle items be more specific.  The ones I had always were printed with dates etc.  

Honored Contributor

@SXMGirl 

Sorry this happened.

I understand it’s the principle of the thing.  Some years a go I had an odd interaction with one of our Vet’s employees.  I struggled about mentioning  it or not - not wanting to be ‘one of those people’.

Finally, I did mention it to him, and he was surprised 😯.  He talked with some other clients and found that some had had a similar experience.  He called me back to tell me what he’d learned, and thank me again.

This isn’t the same, but surely the person you trust to care for your family is the kind of person who would want to know.

Best Wishes.

>> How is Tige?

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

So, the house is rented for the winter or the fall?  If the home is booked,  when exactly is the owner going to let you use your prize?  If it was for off season, fall and winter definitely fall into that category.  Not to get what you bid on, doesn't seem fair.

@SXMGirl 

Respected Contributor

I think you should make her aware that the vendor didn’t come through so that she doesn’t use this person again.  This knowledge would help your veterinarian in planning future fundraisers with vendors who donate things like vacations.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Drythe   You might be right in that the vet might like to know.  It is a little difficult right now since we cannot get into the office.

Tige is ok.  He actually is living with the original rescue person.  Apparently, she was so upset that I took him that she cried for days.  She did not want to give him up.  When I found out, I asked her why she did not tell me that to start with.  She told me that the person who is in charge of the colony wanted me to have him.  Believe me when I tell you that she loves him. 

Unfortunately, he has medical issues.  He has a bad case of pink eye and had been shot with bb's, which are lodged in his body.  

As much as I would have liked to keep him, there was no way that I could do that once I had spoken to her.   Tyge is in a lovely home.