Esteemed Contributor

@SXMGirl  I would talk to your vet so she doesn't make the same mistake again. I'm sorry you won't get a vacation at the beach in October.  When I lived in NJ we rented our shore house out for the summer and loved going down the shore after labor day. Sept and October were great. I would hold the evndors feet to the fire. 

Honored Contributor

@SXMGirl 

Thanks for letting me know about Tige.  I know he had a lovely home with you.  Perhaps he has a special mission with the person he is with now, sometimes it works that way.

Thank you for caring about the animals.💙

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

I'd definitely mention it so she doesn't put this up for auction next time. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Drythe  When I picked him up from her home, she told me that if I decided not to keep him that she wanted him to live with her.  I just wished that she had told me that at the start.

We fostered our Happy when her second owner was hospitalized.  The family was looking for a permanent home when they realized that mom would not get better.  We fostered her because I am home and it was not a problem.  Well, we loved her and when the owner's family found someone who would take Happy, I spoke up and said that we wanted her to stay with us and that is what happened.  It is important to speak up with what you want, and that is what I told her.  This situation with Tige would have saved everyone disappointment.  I also told the person who runs the colony that she needed to stay out of things like this.  

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

I think it should have clearly been stated that property would not be available for the winter. I would not be happy, @SXMGirl. Not sure what I'd do, but the information that the beach house was going to be unavailable during the winter, should have been shared up front prior to bidding, I feel. 

Honored Contributor

@SXMGirl I would not hesitate to tell the vet so she'll know what kind of an almost-scammer she is dealing with. This is purely deceptive and fraudulent.

Esteemed Contributor

This business/vendor is getting a tax break for her donation.  Maybe you should ask her the amount she is declaring for her donation?  Maybe that will get her thinking about her fraud I mentioned above.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Esteemed Contributor

@MamaWick wrote:

This business/vendor is getting a tax break for her donation.  Maybe you should ask her the amount she is declaring for her donation?  Maybe that will get her thinking about her fraud I mentioned above.

Well, duh! I didn't even think about that. You are absolutely right!

Honored Contributor

@MamaWick wrote:

@MamaWick 

Excellent Idea!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

This is just horrible, and I can't imagine that the vet or her parents wouldn't want to know about this. It seems deceptive to me. The vet (and her parents) need to be aware of how this person is now telling you that the beach home isn't available when you originally agreed on. I wouldn't give it up - keep bugging the homeowner and press her to give you a definite date, no matter when. The vet needs to know what is happening so that she does not ask that person for another "contribution"  in the the future.