Honored Contributor

Ok, this is not about canceling an order.  My question is after writing a post or responding to another do you just press cancel and forget the whole thing.  I do this a lot and for a few reasons.  1)  my post is just going to cause an argument and go on and on, 2). My answer just doesn't convey the feeling I intended, and 3) I don't make any sense, LOL.  I'm just curious do you employ the cancel button often ?  Oh I almost forgot, 4) I got something off my chest, and I'm good.😸

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

Yes I do.  Many times it's for some of the reasons that you listed and other times it's because after I write it I think the subject just isn't worth a reply.   It's often so difficult to express your feelings on an anonymous board and many times what you write doesn't come across in the way you meant it.  It's very easy to hurt someone's feelings when you didn't mean to.

Honored Contributor

@J Town Girl wrote:

Yes I do.  Many times it's for some of the reasons that you listed and other times it's because after I write it I think the subject just isn't worth a reply.   It's often so difficult to express your feelings on an anonymous board and many times what you write doesn't come across in the way you meant it.  It's very easy to hurt someone's feelings when you didn't mean to.

@J Town Girl   Exactly .

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1    Yes I do cancel a new topic I thought I wanted to start and I also sometimes cancel a reply before posting it, especially since the "edit" feature is no longer reliable for  me.  

I don't want to start or enhance any controversy.  I may miss a typo when I try to proofread, however, which in my case is an extra letter in a typed word or two . . .

Best,

aroc3435

Washhington, DC

Honored Contributor

Yes!  I often write a post and then cancel it. Sometimes because the post was too long and complicated.  I hate it when posters write super long books so when I do it, I catch myself and cancel.  Sometimes I cancel when I write something and I get my thoughts out but my thoughts are not anything new, other posters have said the same thing.  

Honored Contributor

Not often, I usually mean to post what I compose.

Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1 

Do I hit cancel? No!   =^..^=

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

Yes I do, quite often for reasons listed.  Sometimes reading it over before I post I say to myself why bother or the post I was going to respond to doesn't need one.  

Honored Contributor

Yes, I do.  I censor myself a lot on these forums because what is said can be easily misinterpreted and I don't want to bother with any controversy that may be stirred up.

Honored Contributor

I do when I realize it's not worth the hassle or think better if it.