Honored Contributor

Re: Can't we do something about Flo ??

I'm tired of Flo, as well as the Trivago guy.  Some of these companies could stand to mix it up a bit in their advertising.  

Respected Contributor

I never cared for the Flo commercials either.  Her hairdo drives me nuts, LOL.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Trusted Contributor

Yes, you can do something: change the channel, mute the TV, record your shows so you can fast-forward through the commercials.

Personally, I like Flo better than that Gecko on the Geico commercials--that one has run its course, IMO. And the Aflac duck gets on my nerves a little, but, alas... The one that always cracks me up is the State Farm commercial where the husband is talking to Jake in the middle of the night. Cracks me up every time. There's no accounting for tasteRobot Embarassed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47cAxRX3aDg

First World Problems.

Esteemed Contributor

I would never buy Progressive insurance because of her.  Sounds childish of me but from the start, I've been repulsed by that actress.  Being constantly reminded of her with the barage of commercials didn't help.  Kind of like food poisoning, you don't want to eat a certain item ever again. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

@Vamp wrote:

Yes, you can do something: change the channel, mute the TV, record your shows so you can fast-forward through the commercials.

Personally, I like Flo better than that Gecko on the Geico commercials--that one has run its course, IMO. And the Aflac duck gets on my nerves a little, but, alas... The one that always cracks me up is the State Farm commercial where the husband is talking to Jake in the middle of the night. Cracks me up every time. There's no accounting for tasteRobot Embarassed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47cAxRX3aDg

First World Problems.

Oh Vamp I totally agree!  The original set of commercials were very funny but now that they have morphed into the Coneheads version is just genius . . . love them!

We're from France . . . Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

No I never have enough of Flo. I love her. I also love the AFLAC duck and the hump day Camel. I did comment to the head of our ad agency that our Company commercials were boring and that I loved AFLAC commercials. He turned to me and rolled his eyes and asked if I was I the market for insurance. I said no and he said that the ads are marketed to a specific group though everyone sees them. So on the business end, Flo probably is an effective character and sells their products and that is why we see her so much.
Honored Contributor

I find this character, and this line of commercials, BEYOND annoying and I avoid them at all cost.  But I know it's not all about me, so I just grin (or not) and bear it.  Smiley Happy

They could do so much better, but - well, I'll keep the rest of that thought to myself.

Another insurance company that makes me want to avoid them because of their commercials is Liberty Mutual.   Those commercials are almost as idiotic, with some dolt standing in front of the Statue of Liberty telling some emotionally charged drivel of a story about how their insurance company made them sad.  boo freaking hoo!   blech

Honored Contributor

In the beginning I was bored with Flo.... but she's been allowed (as an actress) to expand on her talents (love the one where the whole family is together and everyone is the actress!)  I think she does a great job, has kept the commercials upbeat.

However, IMHO I no longer "see" the commercial as Progressive or an Insurance commercial, I just watch the actress so for me they've lost their impact. 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@humpty dumpty wrote:

Flo in the Progressive commercials ... haven't we had enough of her? ... can't we start a petition to get her off the air? ... or am I the only one that uses the mute button when she comes on? ...

Anyone can start a petition. If that's what you want to spend your energy on, go for it. Change.org is the place to start.

Honored Contributor

I don't mind Flo at all.  It's the fake Harlan Sanders for KFC and those over played Liberty Mutual Ins. commercials that need to go.  Who names their car Brad anyway?

I can't imagine starting a petition to get anybody fired, though.  They are just actors earning a living.  More important things in life to get upset over.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh