Trusted Contributor

Re: Can You Name 3 Things QVC could do.......

Free shipping and free return shipping

Hire hosts that aren't so full of themselves that everything has to be about them

Better Web site that works properly more than occasionally

And even though this is four things -- I would love it if  shipping didn't take so long.

Respected Contributor

Shipping got better-priced when it was made $3.50 per item.  Would be good to get a break when purchasing all Denim & Co., for example.

Easy Pay is absoluely zilch to me.  Must be difficult for some hosts to promote it like it's such a help to shoppers when it's actually a "help" for people to get into credit card debt.

I haven't watched in quite a while, but I would cringe when someone mentioned "the Hamptons."  Is that still done?  

Trusted Contributor

Since I don't watch, perhaps my reply isn't valid, but just watching the presentations online for jewelry items I'm interested in has justified my not watching the programming.

I never buy clothes from the Q because most of them seems kinda cheesy to me--no offense to those who like them. There are SO MANY other options out there for good quality clothes made with excellent fabrics. 

I never buy shoes because I can find those same brands elsewhere online at a discount and with free shipping.

I bought one handbag once because it was on clearance with free shipping.  Nice bag.  I gave it to one of my employees as a Christmas gift.  But otherwise the Q's pricing and shipping is out of line with their competitors for the same items.

The only thing I buy from the Q is jewelry, and not much of that as time goes by.  Poor selection and silly prices are the reason.

I know that the Q has a high overhead sales model.  So what?  If their sales model is holding them back from being competitive and successful, they need to re-think it.