Respected Contributor

Re: Can You Name 3 Things QVC could do.......

[ Edited ]

@QVCkitty1 I agree with you. The novelty is long gone and internet shopping is highly competitive. Even their easy pay approach to snagging customers is offered by other retailers now. 

My suggestions:

1. Use Amazon's prime approach for shipping. Pay a flat fee annually and all shipping is waived. To sweeten the deal, include an immediate exchange option to call CS so the item needed is sent when it's still in stock (and you don't have to endure a 4-week process only to find out the item is sold out).

2. To increase the TV audience, reduce the time allotted to TSVs to 20 minutes max and stop with the hour-long infomercials. Only a few customers are without access to QVC website videos. Put the hour-long presentations on the web. An hour spent hugging a pillow is nonsense. We want variety, not repetition.

3. I have several others, such as hiring hosts who can pronounce words correctly. (I'm not taking fashion advice seriously from a host who doesn't even know how to pronounce the word "multi".) But the fastest channel turner for me is the phrase "Let's go to the phones." Those calls are time fillers at best and at worst, tales of health woes and gushing over the host, none of which makes me want to buy the product.

Trusted Contributor

1, When you place an order with more than one item keep it to the one order instead of separate shipping for each one and shipping them separately.

2. Free shipping and handling.

3. Better deals for Q cardholders, % off, free shipping, sales just for those cardholders. It's always for new customers, why not show the old customers you appreciate them and their business.

Super Contributor

1.  Faster shipping.

2.  Free shipping or at least on the TSV.

3.  Hosts need to be more realistic.  Vendors can't all be their friends and they don't have to LOVE everything.  Just the facts please.  Stop talking over each other (host/vendor).  

Respected Contributor

1)  Tell me the Host for the show

2)  Stop taking phone calls from customers

3)  Shorter presentation times

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

1.  Skip electronics.  Amazon, etc has that corner covered. Cheaper and more practical. 

2.  Keep fashion as clothes.  Skip the beauty extra or shoes

3. Describe immediately what the item is.  Show compartments of hand bags, etc.  Right away.  Do the colors afterwards.  In short, reverse the presentation as it is now.  

4.  Free shipping.  Expensive brands online always offer free shipping.  For QVC, we pay double.  High shipping and high sales taxes

Respected Contributor

1. Lower prices

2.  Faster shipping

3.  Free Shipping and Free Returns

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bundled shipping option so If they're going to pack all items in one order, they don't charge separate shipping for each item.

Scale back on celebrity name dropping. IMO it's not attracting milennials, your desired base, who prefer to watch social media influencers when it comes to makeup, skincare, and fashion. Especially if those celebrities being referenced are always Oprah and Amal Clooney.

Stop the one hour presentations on one single item, like My Pillow, cleaning items, etc. Not only can you find those items in store for cheaper, it can be found online elsewhere for cheaper and with free or reduced shipping and a shorter wait time.

I can't limit it to 3 things. But here are my thoughts:

To make me BUY more:

1. Free shipping on returns

2. Add a button to website pages such as:

(a) Notify me when this item is on Easy Pay.

(b) Notify me when this item is on Sale.

(c) Notify me when this item is on Clearance.

3. Do 20% off coupons like HSN does.

4. Higher quality products; seems like quality has gone down in recent years.

To make me WATCH more:

1. Shorter presentations, especially on TSV's.

2. TSV's should not be injected into other shows.

3. More information regarding the item being presented and less information regarding the host/vendor's personal life.

4. Can we please cut down on the silliness as well as people getting on their soapbox? I know you're trying to make it fun and entertaining, but sometimes it's just over the top.

5. Tell hosts and vendors they cannot talk over each other.

I don't know if anyone from QVC actually reads the blogs/forums, but i hope they read this string of comments from everyone.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Lower prices and keep having easy pays with the lower prices

Carry pants in 4X, especially D & Co Original Pull On Pants With Side Pockets. Right now they need to work on their fit in 4X. It does not fit as well as Avenue or Fullbeauty.

Bring back the quality.. bring back the old diamonique stones. Offer reasonably priced, substantial, 14K gold pieces. Offer better quality gemstones at really good prices. Use higher quality fabrics in the clothing but keep prices low.

Lower shipping cost cost when ordering multiple items in the same order.

Get rid of rubbery D & Co fabrics and have SG offer a couple of other polys besides her lump and bump showing Liquid Knit poly.

Offer Playtex bras in the biggest BAND sizes they make.

HAVE THE CAMERAS COME IN CLOSER TO THE HOSTS AND GUESTS SO WE CAN SEE WHAT WE ARE BUYING. THEY SHOOT FROM CLEAR ACROSS THE STAGE. MORE CLOSE UPS OF THE ITEMS. SHOW THE BACKS OF GARMENTS. CLOSEUP THE FABRIC. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

All suggestions are good...

1. Adding some updated fashion would help....too much grandma-looking  clothing...chiffon, bell, and ruffled sleeves, ginormous prints, and clunky- looking shoes. I have 8 grandkids but don’t want to dress like a grandma!

2. Allow vendors to speak more and hosts speak much, much less. The constant host chatter is why I gave up and stopped watching at all a few years ago. Now I look online sometimes and watch the video of items, but I still have hit the mute button after I get the basic info about the item. 

3. I know free shipping will never happen, but lower, more competitive shipping would greatly increase my interest in buying. Free over a certain amount would be competitive.  If I buy two tubes of the same mascara at the same time, I should not be charged for shipping twice...as I was in the past.