Honored Contributor

@AngusandBuddhasMom wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Oh, gees ......  well, if he could afford the car, I'm sure he could afford good insurance.

Actually it would be subrogated to the Restaurants insurance company. 

Maybe not ....... these days all businesses with parking lots seem to have those disclaimers .....  :we are not liable for any theft or damage to your vehicles or their contents, blah blah blah ........ "

Honored Contributor

Can We say "Fired"?  (can we say disqualified for Unemployment Insurance?) 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Wow.  That WAS a nice car.

A story: When I was around 19 years old, most of the girls in the beauty shop where I worked went to the Hairdressers Convention in NYC by train.

One of my co-workers and her best friend decided to drive there in  her brand new, off of the lot that day Pontiac Grand Prix instead of taking the train.

A parking garage in NYC had an elevator that took your car up to a higher level to park it if you were not going to drive it for a few days.  The car was parked there so it would not get stolen as no one had access to the higher levels unless you worked at the garage.

After the weekend, we all went to the garage before we took a cab to the train station to see this brand new beautiful car of hers.

My co-worker was horrified when the valet drove her car into the empty elevator shaft and it fell 2 stories and landed where we all could see what happened.

My co-worker was livid and angry.  While most of us were concerned for the valet safety, she was ready to kill him.  Lucky for him he wasn't hurt, but her car was totaled.

I always get nervous when I hand my keys over to a valet. Anything can happen.