Esteemed Contributor
Honored Contributor

I haven't read the article.

That said -  there is not one occupation anywhere in which every person in the category is worth our trust - not valets, not used car salespeople, not rabbis or priests, not politicians from your own party let alone the opposition, none.

And the opposite is true - beyond the obvious category of thrice-convicted criminals, there is not one occupation in which every practitioner of that occupation should not be called untrustworthy.

Stereotyping is unfair to individuals no matter how we word it.  My opinion - and I've held it for decades.

Respected Contributor

A new meaning for "hot car"!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

.....I imagine he's rethinking that decision now...lol   Unfortunately, in the city valet parking isn't a choice.  If you go to a restuarant or the theatre or an event, you can't take your car in with you.  Valet parking is your only option.  I suppose if you have a flashy car, you just hope for the best.

Esteemed Contributor

Lambo.JPG

$400,000 Lambo catches fire after valet takes it for a joy ride in Fla.

Honored Contributor

Oh, gees ......  well, if he could afford the car, I'm sure he could afford good insurance.

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Oh, gees ......  well, if he could afford the car, I'm sure he could afford good insurance.

Actually it would be subrogated to the Restaurants insurance company. 

Honored Contributor

What are the other reasons not to trust valets?

I've used a valet when I've attended charity events, the theatre, restaurants, hospital, shopping, etc. and I've never had a problem.   

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

What are the other reasons not to trust valets?

I've used a valet when I've attended charity events, the theatre, restaurants, hospital, shopping, etc. and I've never had a problem.   

Some people have had things stolen from their vehicles while it was in the custody of the valet.

Honored Contributor

I rarely use the valet.  I'm not sure what I'm worried about, but I don't like it.  The only time I use it is when I visit my mother and take her out to lunch.  We always stop at the same restaurant when my flight lands.  I don't necessarily trust the guy working there, but we've never had an issue.

I wouldn't be happy if the car went on a joy ride and caught on fire.