Respected Contributor

Capitola is truly beautiful. When the covid is no longer as risky, I plan to pay my cousin a visit.

Honored Contributor

massachusettsRe: California Fires

[ Edited ]

N/M.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

I live by the SCU Lightning Complex fire. Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday the air around me was horrible. You couldn't even see the hills which are very close by. 

Today, thankfully, it's cooler and there's a breeze. 

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

There are many fires burning in our state right now, thankfully, none are near me.

My friend lives in Sacramento, and posted this picture of the air quality.

My heart goes out to everyone who is effected by the the fires, which most were started by lightning, and to the brave men an women who are fighting those fires.

117806374_10223649371246538_4095224949091145205_n.jpg

One can go to the Cal-Fire website to see all the active fires in California.

https://www.fire.ca.gov/incidents/ 

I remember breathing air like this when I lived in Southern California during fire season.    

Honored Contributor

@SunnysMom wrote:

I think half the problem is that people have forgotten forest management. Used to get rid of all the dead stuff that would become kindling. Everybody now is a tree hugger and won't let commonsense prevail

That is not the case where I used to live in CA. Not near forests but by the coast. We all were required to have our properties clean and accessible. We got inspections by the fire department at the start of every summer. 

Honored Contributor

We in New Mexico are getting smoke from the fires in Colorado plus there's a fire burning in the Santa Fe National Forest which is smoking up Santa Fe.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

There are many fires burning in our state right now, thankfully, none are near me.

My friend lives in Sacramento, and posted this picture of the air quality.

My heart goes out to everyone who is effected by the the fires, which most were started by lightning, and to the brave men an women who are fighting those fires.

117806374_10223649371246538_4095224949091145205_n.jpg

One can go to the Cal-Fire website to see all the active fires in California.

https://www.fire.ca.gov/incidents/ 

I'm not far from Sacramento, and that's about what it looks like here. We've had a hazy sky for a couple days, but today the smoke smell is terrible and we have fine ash on our cars. We're supposed to go up to Tahoe on Sunday, but I guess we'll see ...

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3    I understand but I bet California does get federal emergency disaster funds.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

From what I have seen in pictures and documentaries, California is indeed a beautiful place to reside  ( sorry to highjack this thread and I am back in order)

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Respected Contributor

@SunnysMom 

Your post read my mind and printed my thoughts.

Forest management and fire lines - NJ uses contained fires to combat future fires, it's legal there and keeps the Pine Barrens in check.

I thought CA madated it's not legal to use those managemnt tactics, and thus the fires REIGN over the landscape with intense and unweilding fury.