Esteemed Contributor

There are many fires burning in our state right now, thankfully, none are near me.

My friend lives in Sacramento, and posted this picture of the air quality.

My heart goes out to everyone who is effected by the the fires, which most were started by lightning, and to the brave men an women who are fighting those fires.

117806374_10223649371246538_4095224949091145205_n.jpg

One can go to the Cal-Fire website to see all the active fires in California.

https://www.fire.ca.gov/incidents/ 

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Valued Contributor

Relative live near near the one in Monterey area and the one near Santa Cruz.

Honored Contributor

I'm aware and very concerned. So close to where I lived for most of my life.  Far away now, but still following the news and hoping for the best. 

Trusted Contributor

Terrible, absolutely disastrious news.

I beleive we have a lady that is saved with her beloved one to her holiday house. I didnt see her today posting, may she, her loved ones and her pets  be well indeed!

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Honored Contributor

Seems like California goes through this every year.  Such tragic loss and devestation.  We need to get climate change, which causes these horrible doughts, under control.  All the Western states have bad fires with Colorado being the worst.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

I think half the problem is that people have forgotten forest management. Used to get rid of all the dead stuff that would become kindling. Everybody now is a tree hugger and won't let commonsense prevail

Respected Contributor

Certainly hoping for the best there and that they are able to get the fires under control quickly.  Just so devastating.  

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Honored Contributor

@SunnysMom wrote:

I think half the problem is that people have forgotten forest management. Used to get rid of all the dead stuff that would become kindling. Everybody now is a tree hugger and won't let commonsense prevail

@SunnysMom    I beg to differ but the US Forest Service in my state is constantly working to mitigate the danger of fire by thinning trees and burning off underbrush.  Of course they can only do as much as they have funding to do.  Tree huggers have nothing to do with forest management.  Like everything else having to do with our national resources, it's politics.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I too live in the Sacramento area and the smoke has been bad for several days along with bad air quality. There is no fire near me but my cousin lives in Santa Cruz county in Capitola. There are fires near her but not iminent at this time. The firefighters are short handed because the prisoners who have fought fires in the past have been released early due to the spread of covid in prisons. I hope firefighters from other states will come to help us as we have helped others. Life just keeps getting harder.

Esteemed Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

I too live in the Sacramento area and the smoke has been bad for several days along with bad air quality. There is no fire near me but my cousin lives in Santa Cruz county in Capitola. There are fires near her but not iminent at this time. The firefighters are short handed because the prisoners who have fought fires in the past have been released early due to the spread of covid in prisons. I hope firefighters from other states will come to help us as we have helped others. Life just keeps getting harder.

@chessylady 

I hope that your cousin is doing okay with all of the smoke in the air.

On a different note,

I 💖 Capitola!

It's so beautiful there!

If I  were to win the lottery, I would buy a house there, and I would need to win the lottery because homes there are in the millions, as you know.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.