QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is argumentative

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

There are many fires burning in our state right now, thankfully, none are near me.

My friend lives in Sacramento, and posted this picture of the air quality.

My heart goes out to everyone who is effected by the the fires, which most were started by lightning, and to the brave men an women who are fighting those fires.

117806374_10223649371246538_4095224949091145205_n.jpg

One can go to the Cal-Fire website to see all the active fires in California.

https://www.fire.ca.gov/incidents/ 

@Anonymous032819  - thank you for posting this information. 

We stand with you and everyone impacted....

Please keep us updated. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Occasional Contributor

I live in Santa Cruz County work in Capitola the smoke and ash is unbelievable. Because the smoke is so low the planes that would normally be dropping fire retardant can't make the drops.  I have many co-workers that have been evacuated it's so sad.  The City of Santa Cruz is asking any vacationers, visitors to leave the area so that evacutees can occupy the hotel rooms, because the shelters are getting full.  Also our fair grounds can not take anymore horses.  Many of my friends have taken in horses so they are safe.  Please pray for us we are truly in need 

Many thanks

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@SunnysMom wrote:

I think half the problem is that people have forgotten forest management. Used to get rid of all the dead stuff that would become kindling. Everybody now is a tree hugger and won't let commonsense prevail

@SunnysMom    I beg to differ but the US Forest Service in my state is constantly working to mitigate the danger of fire by thinning trees and burning off underbrush.  Of course they can only do as much as they have funding to do.  Tree huggers have nothing to do with forest management.  Like everything else having to do with our national resources, it's politics.

Yes! hmmmm..l what's the other half?

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

I loved living in CA but sadly due to the high cost of  living we moved to AZ.  The fires were always a terrible threat and there was one time I had to evacuate because the fire was coming over the ridge from Simi Valley heading for my home in Chatsworth.  

I pray everyday for the brave firefighters who are fighting this horrendous fire.  Their lives are on the line and the people who have lost their homes are also in my prayers.  I cannot imagine losing a home with all ones possessions and having to start over.  God Bless each and everyone in the line of those flames and keep them safe.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

My heart literally aches each time I think about it.  

Feeling very deeply sorry for the people, firefighters, pets, animals, forests, homes.  

I'm hoping for some light-med. rain over those areas (no thunderstorms and/or lightning).  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

Once again, the air smells of smoke and it's hard to see the very-near-by foothills. 

Rain would be nice but it's unlikely here in California where I live. Our rainy season runs from about November to March. 

Respected Contributor

Every location has their problems. Yes, it's a terrible time now for California.

Honored Contributor

It is not a matter of dead leaves or debris, for goodness' sake.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Regular Contributor

All our family, except for 1 step-daughter and grandson who now live in CO, live in NO CA.  They are in Napa, Sonoma, and Mendocino counties and I am sick with worry for all of them again.