Honored Contributor

Is this a really big fire?.  It hasn't even been reported on the news here?

Esteemed Contributor

A friend of mine lives there ~ has been a lot of evacuations and she's still not able to return home.

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

@DiAnne

Late Saturday night they only had 15% containment.

Honored Contributor

@kivah wrote:

I now live around 50 minutes west of Calabasas. Years ago, I lived right there. Beautiful, very upscale, mountainous area. Khloe and Kourtney are very close to the fire -- Kim lives a little further away. So traumatic for people who had to evacuate. The firemen are doing a GREAT job!!!!!

Shoekitty said

Kivah, Kardashians aside I am trying to remember....didn't Lucy and Ricky settle there, (Calabases0) and have a big ranch when they first were married. There was nothing there when they moved there, and it may have had another city name at the time I seem to remember the home is still there.   I am probably remembering the story wrong but I thought he had a gold course built next to their property to keep building homes next to theirs?

Honored Contributor

They're now saying the fire is 30% contained and has veered away from the homes:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3626498/Brush-fires-veer-away-luxury-Los-Angeles-suburb-5-00...

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Frequent Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

@DiAnne It was on the Internet news pages.  So frightening, glad they seem contained now.