Honored Contributor

Re: CREDIT CARD NUMBER CHANGE?

my amazon chase card is like that and my discover card is like that.

i like that no one can see the numbers when the card is face up in my hand  or in the machines chip reader or slide.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I would call the bank that issued the card to make sure (better safe than sorry).....

But yes I do have a card that has the number on the back....the fraudsters came out with new skimmers according to the local news....I guess this is a way to stay ahead of the fraudsters....

But still....call your bank!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I'd have just called the bank with that question.

Honored Contributor

I haven't gotten a new credit card recently, but got a new debit card a couple of months ago.  The numbers are still on the front of it.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

It's because credit cards and debit cards now a chip to deter skimming.  This is how they are now,  You're safe.

@Tinkrbl44

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44

That's how my Chase Visa card is, and I've had it for maybe a year. It's a little disconcerting at first, but definitely legit!

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

Great! Happy to hear it. Can't wait until I get mine. I'm continually trying to put my finger across the number as I slip my card into the chip reader.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

It has nothing to do with the fact that the cards now have chips.  My bank issued debit card has a chip and the numbers are still on the front.  In fact the only card I have with the numbers on the back is my Discover Card.

Esteemed Contributor

This is a lot safer than having the numbers on the front. When you take the card out of your wallet, your fingers cover the numbers on the back while you push the card into the slot. This prevents anyone from seeing the numbers.