Super Contributor

COSTCO FLORAL DELIVERY QUESTION

I'm thinking about sending flowers to my sister who lives in the Ft. Myers area and just looked at Costco's website.  Has anyone ever used it's floral service, and if so, what are your thoughts.

Trusted Contributor

Re: COSTCO FLORAL DELIVERY QUESTION

I've sent plants to another state as well as local and had no problems.  If they arrive in a bad condition Costco will replace them.

Respected Contributor

I have never ordered from Costco, but I assume that they need to be arranged when delivered, correct?

Respected Contributor

I have never ordered flowers from Costco.  Do they contract with a local floral company?  I always have faith in Costco.  I'm sure it will be fine.

Trusted Contributor

I’ve sent several times as gifts and got great feedback. I believe most are sent directly from growers. I ordered roses and bequests that need to be placed in the included vase. 

Honored Contributor

I have never sent them but I received a holiday arrangement at Christmas and it was very nice.  

Honored Contributor

Every year my brother sends me an arrangement for Christmas. He always used ProFlowers or 1-800-Flowers.

They farm the job out to a local florist. I don't know if that is what Costco does. I never got flowers from Costco.

But if they farm the job out to a local florist - it all depends on the local florist. 

Honored Contributor

I've never ordered them, but the arrangements don't get very good reviews online.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Super Contributor

Thanks for your responses.  I think I will give Costco a try.  I noticed that a couple of the arrangements on its website had poor reviews, but others had good reviews, and that has got to be due to whichever florist they happen to use.  In any case, if there is an issue, I would think it will be easier dealing with Costco.  Happy Valentines Day everyone!

Frequent Contributor

I ordered a Costco arrangement as a Thankyou to my brother, this past November.  They loved it.  They sent me photos and it was large and pretty.  While not exactly as the photo on Costco Online, it was very close.  They had to arrange it themselves in the vase provided.