Honored Contributor

I placed an order yesterday.  Now that DH works from home, I can't keep up with his lunch needs, don't want the processed cold cuts, so began looking.  I saw Kirkland's Oven Browned Turkey Breast, so bought one.

I sliced it today, so moist and tender, excellent!  I sliced the whole breast, which is sizable, and wrapped portions in saran wrap, then into a large freezer bag, many meals will come from this.

Of course DH won't want this every day, lol, so entire issue is not solved.  I made egg salad, loves it, next I know he's tired of it.  Bought a ham, same thing.  He is a cheese addict, but now tired of that.  

I don't eat breakfast, just brunch, so today was a turkey breast sandwich on 21 grain bread with lots of Spring mixed greens, and a bit of mayo, delicious.

DH makes his breakfast and his lunch, I make dinner.

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl   I keep trying different meals, but even getting tired of that.  Doing very little take out.  Some, but not a lot.   We have not had burgers for a while, just not used to eating and cooking so much.  My SO, I keep making egg salad for his packed lunch.  Not sick of it yet.  I have a sams membership but haven’t been there in months.  May or may not renew this year.  

Honored Contributor

@lynnie61 wrote:

@mousiegirl   I keep trying different meals, but even getting tired of that.  Doing very little take out.  Some, but not a lot.   We have not had burgers for a while, just not used to eating and cooking so much.  My SO, I keep making egg salad for his packed lunch.  Not sick of it yet.  I have a sams membership but haven’t been there in months.  May or may not renew this year.  

@lynnie61   I have been using Instacart for Costco and other stores, so far, so good.  No way I want to go to Costco for quite a time, so many people, not worth the risk.

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lynnie61 wrote:

@lynnie61   I have been using Instacart for Costco and other stores, so far, so good.  No way I want to go to Costco for quite a time, so many people, not worth the risk.

@lynnie61  .... I have been using Instacart for Costco also .... it’s hit or miss depending on who does the shopping... some of the shoppers are not that great 😢

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the ideas for lunch for myself 😊 My husband is so funny. The minute I figure out what I think he likes because he's eating it a lot and I stock up on it he won't touch it anymore. 

Honored Contributor

I'm shocked that none of these DHs know how to find the kitchen and make themselves something for lunch. I'm sure if you Ladies weren't home between 11AM-2PM, they would be resourceful and not starve. I married for better or worse, not three meals a day. 

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

I placed an order yesterday.  Now that DH works from home, I can't keep up with his lunch needs, don't want the processed cold cuts, so began looking.  I saw Kirkland's Oven Browned Turkey Breast, so bought one.

I sliced it today, so moist and tender, excellent!  I sliced the whole breast, which is sizable, and wrapped portions in saran wrap, then into a large freezer bag, many meals will come from this.

Of course DH won't want this every day, lol, so entire issue is not solved.  I made egg salad, loves it, next I know he's tired of it.  Bought a ham, same thing.  He is a cheese addict, but now tired of that.  

I don't eat breakfast, just brunch, so today was a turkey breast sandwich on 21 grain bread with lots of Spring mixed greens, and a bit of mayo, delicious.

It sounds like you are having fun keeping up with himSmiley Happy  What on earth do you do for dinners lol.  I am sure he appreciates everything you make for him.  He is a lucky guySmiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I'm shocked that none of these DHs know how to find the kitchen and make themselves something for lunch. I'm sure if you Ladies weren't home between 11AM-2PM, they would be resourceful and not starve. I married for better or worse, not three meals a day. 

Mine pays the bills so I make him lunch. I believe I have the better deal. He doesn't nag me about the house cleaning or anything. Besides he normally travels internationally and is gone for weeks on end so I spoil him when he's home. 

Honored Contributor

@Lali1 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

Mine pays the bills so I make him lunch. I believe I have the better deal. He doesn't nag me about the house cleaning or anything. Besides he normally travels internationally and is gone for weeks on end so I spoil him when he's home. 

Good for youSmiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Shanus   oh, he finds the kitchen, and he cooks a lot.   Just since I’ve been working at home, I don’t mind packing his lunch.  When I go back to the office to work, he will be back on his own!!!  And he does laundry, so I think I might must just keep him.  But you did make smile!