Honored Contributor

I do things for my husband because I love him, not because he pays the bills. 

Regarding instacart, it's not the shopper's fault if something is out of stock. They don't control the inventory so don't ding them because Costco's or wherever, doesn't have what's on your list. 

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I'm shocked that none of these DHs know how to find the kitchen and make themselves something for lunch. I'm sure if you Ladies weren't home between 11AM-2PM, they would be resourceful and not starve. I married for better or worse, not three meals a day. 

I was thinking the same thing.   We may or may not cook breakfast together a couple days a week but lunch, never?   It's on your own for lunch.  

Dinner varies too.   I may cook or buy something 2-3 times a week to eat on all week but again get it and heat it , if necessary, when you want it.   DH is perfectly able and happy to get what he wants and cook it , if necessary.  We usually aren't hungry at the same time so this works for us.  

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl 

Yes, I meant warmed.  It really is good!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

Ok ladies...come on! This is a nice, simple conversation about how the OP likes Costco lunchmeats. Why does it have to be made into something?? Be nice. This isn't the time for snark.

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

I'm shocked that none of these DHs know how to find the kitchen and make themselves something for lunch. I'm sure if you Ladies weren't home between 11AM-2PM, they would be resourceful and not starve. I married for better or worse, not three meals a day. 

@Shanus I was thinking the same thing!  I can see making DH lunch once in a while...but everyday?  really?

I like this phrase, "I married for better or worse, not three meals a day."  My mother in law used to say that! Smiley Happy

@haddon9   I had a needlepoint pillow that had that saying. It sat proudly on the bench in the kitchen. 😉

Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

I was thinking the same thing.   We may or may not cook breakfast together a couple days a week but lunch, never?   It's on your own for lunch.  

Dinner varies too.   I may cook or buy something 2-3 times a week to eat on all week but again get it and heat it , if necessary, when you want it.   DH is perfectly able and happy to get what he wants and cook it , if necessary.  We usually aren't hungry at the same time so this works for us.  

@Bridgegal   I'm also thinking ahead to retirement when he's home every day. It's better to divide the household expectations now and save any disagreements or misunderstandings later. 

Esteemed Contributor

I'm with @Shanus on this one. Since I don't really eat the same time everyday, DH is on his own for breakfast and lunch. Also, can't keep up with his likes/dislikes on a daily basis.

Honored Contributor

@riley1 wrote:

I'm with @Shanus on this one. Since I don't really eat the same time everyday, DH is on his own for breakfast and lunch. Also, can't keep up with his likes/dislikes on a daily basis.

@riley1   I don't fault those who wish to make meals during the day for their DHs. My opinions are truly my own. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus - Yes, I realize this was your opinion - but I do agree with it, lol. I don't fault people who love to cook 3 meals a day - I'm just not one of them.

Honored Contributor

@riley1 wrote:

@Shanus - Yes, I realize this was your opinion - but I do agree with it, lol. I don't fault people who love to cook 3 meals a day - I'm just not one of them.

@riley1   Just to be clear, love cooking and baking. I make a full meal every night...the way Southerners were raised..."a meat and 3 sides". I even take dinners to DS and DIL especially now to make their life a little easier.

Before all "this", I had a busy day and wouldn't want to be responsible for being home for lunch time prep.