Respected Contributor

@Lali1 wrote:

Thanks for the ideas for lunch for myself 😊 My husband is so funny. The minute I figure out what I think he likes because he's eating it a lot and I stock up on it he won't touch it anymore. 

I hate to be the one to break it to you, but you're married to a cat.

Cat Wink

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I'm shocked that none of these DHs know how to find the kitchen and make themselves something for lunch. I'm sure if you Ladies weren't home between 11AM-2PM, they would be resourceful and not starve. I married for better or worse, not three meals a day. 

@Shanus I was thinking the same thing!  I can see making DH lunch once in a while...but everyday?  really?

I like this phrase, "I married for better or worse, not three meals a day."  My mother in law used to say that! Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

Wow, I wish I could use Instacart for my Costco - the delay is currently 14 days on the 2 day shopping ( and that is only for whatever is available on your list - certainly not t-paper!) . It is interesting how different parts of the country have such different experiences

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I'm shocked that none of these DHs know how to find the kitchen and make themselves something for lunch. I'm sure if you Ladies weren't home between 11AM-2PM, they would be resourceful and not starve. I married for better or worse, not three meals a day. 

I so agree!!!!!

Respected Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

@Lali1 wrote:

Thanks for the ideas for lunch for myself 😊 My husband is so funny. The minute I figure out what I think he likes because he's eating it a lot and I stock up on it he won't touch it anymore. 

I hate to be the one to break it to you, but you're married to a cat.

Cat Wink

😂Thanks you for the laugh. I really needed it.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl 

We love it, too!  In fact, my husband cooked one Sunday night & we are enjoying the leftovers, & so is my puppy!  I had an open-faced turkey sandwich for lunch today with gravy.  It was supreme!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

@kivah wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

I so agree!!!!!

I don't really get this. What's wrong with enjoying doing something nice for your husband? What am I missing?

Respected Contributor

@pigletsmom wrote:

@kivah wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

I so agree!!!!!

I don't really get this. What's wrong with enjoying doing something nice for your husband? What am I missing?

You're not missing anything. 

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@mousiegirl 

We love it, too!  In fact, my husband cooked one Sunday night & we are enjoying the leftovers, & so is my puppy!  I had an open-faced turkey sandwich for lunch today with gravy.  It was supreme!

@SurferWife   Mine was already cooked, or did you mean warmed it?  My pups love it also, lol.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus   My DH makes his breakfast and his lunch, but I buy the food for the house.