Contributor

My DH has started making himself peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Sometimes he makes a can of soup.

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@GenXmuse wrote:

I do things for my husband because I love him, not because he pays the bills. 

Regarding instacart, it's not the shopper's fault if something is out of stock. They don't control the inventory so don't ding them because Costco's or wherever, doesn't have what's on your list. 

@GenXmuse   The only issue I have with Instacart is replacements.  I kept complaining in emails that though I had a standing instruction not to replace anything, it was being done. 

When I placed an order at the grocery store yesterday, I noticed there is a new feature next to each item, approve or not the replacement of items, so I specified no replacement for each, but one item was replaced, so am thinking the shoppers don't read the order very well.  Other orders has many replacements, most wre okay, but one was not.

When you put the item in your cart, you can look at the "best match" item that will be selected automatically as a replacement if it's not in stock and can specify ahead of time what replacement is acceptable. The shopper is choosing the replacement per se, they are following the prompt if the app they use as they shop. 

It is a pain when they don't look at the chat or when you request a refund instead of the replacement  though. I've had that happen a few times. 

@GenXmuse   Yes, but I have always instructed NO replacements, but that doesn't work, even with the new feature I mentioned next to each item to approve or disapprove replacements that are shown.

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

I placed an order yesterday.  Now that DH works from home, I can't keep up with his lunch needs, don't want the processed cold cuts, so began looking.  I saw Kirkland's Oven Browned Turkey Breast, so bought one.

I sliced it today, so moist and tender, excellent!  I sliced the whole breast, which is sizable, and wrapped portions in saran wrap, then into a large freezer bag, many meals will come from this.

Of course DH won't want this every day, lol, so entire issue is not solved.  I made egg salad, loves it, next I know he's tired of it.  Bought a ham, same thing.  He is a cheese addict, but now tired of that.  

I don't eat breakfast, just brunch, so today was a turkey breast sandwich on 21 grain bread with lots of Spring mixed greens, and a bit of mayo, delicious.

DH makes his breakfast and his lunch, I make dinner.

@mousiegirl   What section of Costco did you find this turkey breast?  It sounds good..  Have you tried it yet?

Honored Contributor

@KatieB wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

I placed an order yesterday.  Now that DH works from home, I can't keep up with his lunch needs, don't want the processed cold cuts, so began looking.  I saw Kirkland's Oven Browned Turkey Breast, so bought one.

I sliced it today, so moist and tender, excellent!  I sliced the whole breast, which is sizable, and wrapped portions in saran wrap, then into a large freezer bag, many meals will come from this.

Of course DH won't want this every day, lol, so entire issue is not solved.  I made egg salad, loves it, next I know he's tired of it.  Bought a ham, same thing.  He is a cheese addict, but now tired of that.  

I don't eat breakfast, just brunch, so today was a turkey breast sandwich on 21 grain bread with lots of Spring mixed greens, and a bit of mayo, delicious.

@mousiegirl   What section of Costco did you find this turkey breast?  It sounds good..  Have you tried it yet?

@KatieB   I think if you put Kirkland's Oven Browned Turkey Breast in the Costco search box it will come up.  Yes, we have been eating it all week in sandwiches.

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@KatieB wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@KatieB   I think if you put Kirkland's Oven Browned Turkey Breast in the Costco search box it will come up.  Yes, we have been eating it all week in sandwiches.

I did and nothing was found.

Honored Contributor

@KatieB wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@KatieB wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@KatieB   It is at Costco, just looked online.  I used Instacart, but doubt it would only be available through that.

Kirkland Signature Antibiotic Free Oven Browned Turkey Breast

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@KatieB wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@KatieB wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@KatieB   It is at Costco, just looked online.  I used Instacart, but doubt it would only be available through that.

Kirkland Signature Antibiotic Free Oven Browned Turkey Breast

@mousiegirl   Just checked again at local Costco, put in "Kirkland Signature Antibiotic Free Oven Browned Turkey Breast" in the search bar.    Found Kirkland signature turkey jerky, kirkland signature canned dog food (turkey and pea stew) and Antibiotic free oven roasted pre-sliced turkey breast (2 lbs, 3pack, 6 lbs total)..

Didn't look like what you're talking about.. Maybe it's not available at my local Costo OR is the last one I mentioned it??

Honored Contributor

Re: COSTCO FIND

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirl My husband is retired 2 years.  When he worked he worked far away, traveled 4 hrs a day.  He got up 3:30am  and got home at about 5 pm.  I always packed leftovers from night before  he liked that.  He took oatmeal or something for breakfast ad lot of fruit.  He would never make a sandwich, but took the parts to make one    But mainly he had left overs.  He had a more hearty lunch.

i would get tired eating same thing everyday too.  I would get tired of sammies everyday too.  Although if he mixes it up  he might be lawless tired.  Maybe soup or stew for lunch.   A piece of fried chicken, or get a Costco rotisserie chicken and cut it up?

i have bought those turkey breasts you spoke of, .  They were actually juicy, and tender and quite tasty!  Oh I know....you could have stuff for turkey tacos or turkey roll ups when he works from home!  Get a big flour tortilla, put mayo(, or mix with cream cheese. we like it plain, or I make a little chipotle mayo)  then thin sliced turkey, slivers of onion or minced green onion,lettuce or arugula, we scatter a little olive or avacado.  Roll firmly and tightly.  Seal with mayo or cream cheese.  Wrap in Saran Wrap.  Slice before eating  lasts 2 days in fridge.   Good luck

Respected Contributor

Kind of off-topic question - when using Instacart at Costco or Sam's Club, do you need a membership or does the Instacart "shopper" have one?

Denise
Honored Contributor

@denisemb wrote:

Kind of off-topic question - when using Instacart at Costco or Sam's Club, do you need a membership or does the Instacart "shopper" have one?

@denisemb   You sign up with Instacart and create a password.  Don't put costco instacart in the search box, as that is for costco  members with their number.  I am a member, but their delivery is not instacart, confusing.  I search Instacart and once I sign in, put whatever store I want to shop in their search box.