Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

We are pretty picky about coffee, and we don't drink enough to worry much about the cost.  I use the Nespresso pods for espresso and iced coffee, and then we use beans in the coffee maker we have that grinds the beans and then does a single cup.  

We use mostly Starbucks or Illy (our favorite but not what we use all the time) sometimes Peet's.  

@Sooner any tips on making iced coffee with the Nespresso pods? It has been freezing here so I don't plan on making it until it warms up but I love iced coffee as long as it isn't too watered down. TIA!

I make two Nespresso pods of espresso or the bigger lungo sometimes.  I put in an equal amount of milk, half and half or even a little cream--depending on my mood and what is in the fridge!  I add about 5 to 8 ice cubes to that, stir and drink! 

I have a cold drip thing I got from Starbucks and sometimes make a pot of that, keep in the fridge for a few days and use, but the Nespresso is quick, easy and has a lot of flavor.  I use the stronger pods sometimes, but the caramel flavored ones are great!

Honored Contributor

I come from a coffee drinking family.  My parents are still drinking it in their mid and late eighties. Mom has been drinking it since her teens.  Recently, due to a bladder problem, Mom was told by her doctor she needed to drink decaffinated coffee.  She tried so many but none of them measured up.  Finally we hit on one where she cannot tell the difference between the "real thing" and the Decaf.   She is happy and for anyone out there having bladder problems.....her bladder is much happier too!!!!  Tim Horten's is the name.

Valued Contributor

Admit that I'm a Coffee snob. So only use local roasters here in the PNW. My favorite is brand called Trailhead coffee and Sleepy Monk roasters. Use an Aeropress or a pour over method. No sugar, just cream and sometimes black. Hate sweetened overtly syruped coffee because it covers up the coffee taste and love the actual taste of coffee.

Honored Contributor

Up until last Christmas, i sipped coffee all day.  Since then, I haven't had any and haven't wanted any.  It's strange but I figure it's a good thing.  If nothing else, I save some money.  I just drink water now.

Honored Contributor

A single 12-14 oz cup gets me going in the morning. That's usually all I have daily, but I also enjoy the occasional iced coffee or mid afternoon latte. I prefer dark roasts (French Roast or Espresso Roast) for my hot coffee but love and used to make my own cold brew for iced coffee. Drank my coffee black for 15 years but then developed stomach issues so went to cream and sweetener.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

I have been drinking decaf coffee for about twenty years, two cups a day.  I'm not real particular about the brand but usually get Folgers.  Most of my family members drink cup after cup all day but I just don't like it that much.  I drink water or iced tea mostly.

Respected Contributor

I LOVE coffee but have weird/strange coffee tastes.

I'll drink 2-3 cups in the morning.  Black and a good medium roast.  I love a good European style cappuccino or latte with sugar once in a while.  I'll drink a Starbucks cappuccino but not a fan of the frothy top.  I recently tried a Flat White and liked that.

After around 10:30am, the thought of drinking coffee is disgusting.  It's like my coffee buds shut off.   I never drink it at night or after dinner.  EEEWWWW

I can't stand anything coffee flavored.  No coffee ice cream or candy or liquors and don't even mention iced coffee.  Talk about disgusting!!!!  

Honored Contributor

I drink about 6 cups in the morning and another 6 after dinner, dark roast, black. My favorite is Malabar Monsoon but otherwise Eight O'Clock French. I do use cream and a little sugar in iced coffee. No, it doesn't keep me awake, I sleep like a Goodfellow aka the dead.

Valued Contributor

I enjoy the ritual of coffee in the morning.  In the summer, I'll get up early just so I can make a mug of coffee and walk around my yard before getting ready to go to work. The coffee, the stillness of the morning and the discovery of treasure in new flowers that have bloomed provide me with a peaceful start of the day.   My fav coffee is Thunderbolt from a coffee roaster in Maine, Carpe Diem. 

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Super Contributor

I use a French press to make coffee.  My day really begins when the warm aroma wafts through the kitchen.  Have not sprinkled cinnamon over the coffe before brewing but i will try that. 

The thing that gives life its greatest significance is the capacity to care