Super Contributor

What a lovely way to begin your day, rrpell.  Coffee can do that for you.

The thing that gives life its greatest significance is the capacity to care
Trusted Contributor

@rrpell wrote:

I enjoy the ritual of coffee in the morning.  In the summer, I'll get up early just so I can make a mug of coffee and walk around my yard before getting ready to go to work. The coffee, the stillness of the morning and the discovery of treasure in new flowers that have bloomed provide me with a peaceful start of the day.   My fav coffee is Thunderbolt from a coffee roaster in Maine, Carpe Diem. 

I do the same at the beach. Sit on a rock, though. One of the few times I enjoy solitude.

Strong, strong, strong coffee straight up. 

"I contend that we are both atheists . I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."  Stephen Henry Roberts

Honored Contributor

i am having a mug of coffee right now. i like mine dark with cream or half n half and sugar. if there is no real sugar or no half n half/cream i pass. i prefer decaf and it is difficult to find dark roasted decafs. my favorite is peets major dickasons decaf. i love their regular holiday roast also. another favorite if i am drinking regular coffee is the starbucks komodo dragon.

if anyone has recommendations for DARK decafs please let me know.

i make mine in a mr coffee coffee maker. i cannot stand coffee out of the keurig. i also prefer to use filtered or bottled water when i brew.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

When I make regular coffee, I prefer it made in my Farberware percolator.

Over the years we've had many different brands and kinds of coffee makers but IMO, nothing beats the percolator.

For cappuccino, I've tried numerous brands.  The Nespresso was the best until a niece, working for Illy, gave us an Espresso/Cappuccino machine and coffee. Heavenly.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

We are pretty picky about coffee, and we don't drink enough to worry much about the cost.  I use the Nespresso pods for espresso and iced coffee, and then we use beans in the coffee maker we have that grinds the beans and then does a single cup.  

We use mostly Starbucks or Illy (our favorite but not what we use all the time) sometimes Peet's.  

@Sooner any tips on making iced coffee with the Nespresso pods? It has been freezing here so I don't plan on making it until it warms up but I love iced coffee as long as it isn't too watered down. TIA!

I make two Nespresso pods of espresso or the bigger lungo sometimes.  I put in an equal amount of milk, half and half or even a little cream--depending on my mood and what is in the fridge!  I add about 5 to 8 ice cubes to that, stir and drink! 

I have a cold drip thing I got from Starbucks and sometimes make a pot of that, keep in the fridge for a few days and use, but the Nespresso is quick, easy and has a lot of flavor.  I use the stronger pods sometimes, but the caramel flavored ones are great!

@Sooner thank you, sounds great! I have a Toddy cold brew system for iced coffee but sometimes I am lazy and don't feel like dragging it out and want to do iced coffee quickly like you stated. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@MRSTH wrote:

@rrpell wrote:

I enjoy the ritual of coffee in the morning.  In the summer, I'll get up early just so I can make a mug of coffee and walk around my yard before getting ready to go to work. The coffee, the stillness of the morning and the discovery of treasure in new flowers that have bloomed provide me with a peaceful start of the day.   My fav coffee is Thunderbolt from a coffee roaster in Maine, Carpe Diem. 

I do the same at the beach. Sit on a rock, though. One of the few times I enjoy solitude.

Strong, strong, strong coffee straight up. 

"I contend that we are both atheists . I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."  Stephen Henry Roberts

@ILTH @rrpell I love the ritual of coffee too. I told my husband I think that is one of the big reasons I love coffee- just the ritual of sitting in a quiet spot, looking at a beautiful view sipping some coffee. I also enjoy it in the evening with friends or family, sitting around chatting about the day or life in general. Coffee is magical in so many ways, lol! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I'm really losing my taste for coffee ... and I suspect it's from not finding the right delivery system.   I don't want one of those K-cup types ... just a good drip coffee maker.   I'm sick of this Mr. Coffee machine.

Honored Contributor

@SoX wrote:

I'm really losing my taste for coffee ... and I suspect it's from not finding the right delivery system.   I don't want one of those K-cup types ... just a good drip coffee maker.   I'm sick of this Mr. Coffee machine.

Have you tried a French press?  Look carefully and get a good one and learn the technique (not hard but it makes bad coffee if you mess up).  A lot of people LOVE those and how hard could that be? 

Good luck!

Honored Contributor

I just love coffee,the smell, the taste and the warm feeling in my mouth when I take a sip...no cold drinks for me.I like strong quality brews with just a drop of cream...don't want anything interfering with that glorious taste.I usually drink about six cups a day.I also enjoy a double espresso that I purchase at a coffee stand after the gym.

Valued Contributor

I LOVE coffee. Next to water, it is my favorite drink. Margaritas come in third. I switch up the brands, but Tullys is my favorite. I mix regular and decaf French roast. I also like the French Market brand of coffee and chicory. I always add little of it to the Tullys. I use the Melita filter system, since I am the only one drinking coffee at home at this time.