Honored Contributor

Re: CNN Special Report

[ Edited ]

It never even occurred to me until I read this thread .... but I wonder if the jurors feared for their lives if they convicted OJ.  

A LOT of people didn't care if he was guilty or not, they just didn't want a superstar brother being convicted!

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC - name calling

Valued Contributor

I have always thought that he was guilty of it.  I was married to an abusive man and I got physically sick when they talked about what OJ did to Nicole and almost have a panic attack.  OJ ran into her at a restaurant when she was on a date and he went over to her, grabbed her in a specific area on her body and yelled at the guy "This is MINE!"  I also remember when someone who had dated hOJ said she thought it was strange that he struggled and struggled to get that glove on, but had no problem pulling it off.

cookin

Respected Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@Bella Carro wrote:

Have any of you ever sat as a juror in a murder trial?  I have.  Two weeks of intensity I had not anticipated or experienced before or after.  It is difficult and burdening to feel that the life of a defendant is in your collective and singular hands.  The evidence presented in this case was beyond reasonable doubt of guilt.  Even so after the trial several of us were sobbing after reaching a verdict and being dismissed.  I believe we would have grasped at even a shred of evidence in the defendants favor.   Based on my experience I don't blame the jurors.  The fault lies in the evidence and how it was presented. 

ITA.  All this lies at the feet of the Prosecution Team of Marcia Clark & Christopher Darden.  

I watched the A&E special when they did the deposition for the civil trial.  Of course they mentioned the Bruno Magli shoes.  

'Are these your shoes?'...No.  

'Here's a picture of you wearing these shoes...are they your shoes?"...No.  

I couldn't help but think...knowing what I know NOW about the rich & famous using stylists...OJ had the fame, fortune & style to hire someone to dress him.  Stylists bring several selections, OJ chooses & wears them for the on-field promotion/photo shoot, and the clothes/shoes are returned.  'Are these your shoes?'....No.  He didn't own them.  Wonder if something like this was brought up?

I was also surprised with the show....I didn't realize OJ almost committed suicide in Robert Kardahsian's 13-year old's room....that being Kim Kardashian room.  I knew OJ & Mr. Kardashian were close friends...that family has been through a lot. 

Did OJ do it?  I believe he did...Everything points to it, but if there's even a slightest, teeny tiny doubt...not guilty.  @Bella Carro Thanks for sharing your personal story.  Sometimes it's not as easy as it looks, yes? 

It is actually beyond a REASONABLE doubt. It does not mean no doubt exists.

Trusted Contributor

I have heard many times that alot of people believe that O.J.'s son killed her,and he was taking the wrap for his son. Aparently the son had alot of problems and didn't like nicole at all. I wonder what ever happen to his older son and daughter and the younger ones,how has there lives turned out,maybe cnn could do a special on that.Tucka.

Trusted Contributor

@italia8140 wrote:

The jury on the case were a bunch of MORONS. He was so GUILTY. I watched 2 episodes recently of tapes. He OBVIOUSLY butchered his wife and RG. Hope he NEVER gets out of jail and rots in H**L.

Now don't hold back, Italia. Tell us how you really feel!

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because of the unkind comments about another poster.

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Bella Carro wrote:

Have any of you ever sat as a juror in a murder trial?  I have.  Two weeks of intensity I had not anticipated or experienced before or after.  It is difficult and burdening to feel that the life of a defendant is in your collective and singular hands.  The evidence presented in this case was beyond reasonable doubt of guilt.  Even so after the trial several of us were sobbing after reaching a verdict and being dismissed.  I believe we would have grasped at even a shred of evidence in the defendants favor.   Based on my experience I don't blame the jurors.  The fault lies in the evidence and how it was presented. 

It sounds like a terrible experience, but I have to ask .....  was race a major factor in that trial?

The major factor was a 16 year old boy was accused of fatally shooting a 15 year old boy.  Regardless of race, the lives of two youngsters were destroyed.  Both mothers lost sons.  

Honored Contributor

I remember watching The Towering Inferno when I was younger. O.J. had recently left football for a movie career. Everyone in the theatre applauded when he went back to the burning apartment to get the cat. He was on his way to being a larger than life hero. 

DH told me years ago he saw an interview with the late Johnny Cochran, who said, "Of course he did it. But they couldn't prove it." That still makes me mad. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: CNN Special Report

[ Edited ]

I hope this stinkin' murderer has a huge, ugly, nasty, smelly, cruel lifetime cellmate named Bubba. 

And shame on that jury!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~