Reply
Valued Contributor
Posts: 536
Registered: ‎06-14-2015

This post has been removed by QVC. Controversial.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,997
Registered: ‎03-25-2012

Re: CNN Special Report

[ Edited ]

It was racist payback.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor
Posts: 40,657
Registered: ‎08-23-2010

@Bella Carro wrote:

Have any of you ever sat as a juror in a murder trial?  I have.  Two weeks of intensity I had not anticipated or experienced before or after.  It is difficult and burdening to feel that the life of a defendant is in your collective and singular hands.  The evidence presented in this case was beyond reasonable doubt of guilt.  Even so after the trial several of us were sobbing after reaching a verdict and being dismissed.  I believe we would have grasped at even a shred of evidence in the defendants favor.   Based on my experience I don't blame the jurors.  The fault lies in the evidence and how it was presented. 


 

It sounds like a terrible experience, but I have to ask .....  was race a major factor in that trial?

Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,997
Registered: ‎03-25-2012

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Bella Carro wrote:

Have any of you ever sat as a juror in a murder trial?  I have.  Two weeks of intensity I had not anticipated or experienced before or after.  It is difficult and burdening to feel that the life of a defendant is in your collective and singular hands.  The evidence presented in this case was beyond reasonable doubt of guilt.  Even so after the trial several of us were sobbing after reaching a verdict and being dismissed.  I believe we would have grasped at even a shred of evidence in the defendants favor.   Based on my experience I don't blame the jurors.  The fault lies in the evidence and how it was presented. 


 

It sounds like a terrible experience, but I have to ask .....  was race a major factor in that trial?


Absolutely 100% yes.  CNN's program indicated that many times.  Everyone knew he was guilty, but the jury and his advocates did not care.  He even wrote a book "If I Did It," if anyone remembers.

 

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,420
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

I've seen interviews with a few jurors.  To this day they still do not understand OJ was not proven to be innocent.  Rather, he was found not guilty.

 

I've never understood Mr. and Mrs. Brown.  They knew OJ beat the tar out of daughter probably for as long as they were together.  OJ was their meal ticket so they looked the other way.  Even after he slaughtered their daughter, they said they had to be civil to him because they wanted to see their grandchildren. Had I'd been in their shoes, I probably would have killed the SOB myself.  I would not care whether I spent the rest of my life in jail or I'd been killed myself.

 

It is ironic that OJ was found guilty on the 13th anniversary of the day he was was found not guilty.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 18,415
Registered: ‎11-25-2011

Re: CNN Special Report

[ Edited ]

@Bella Carro wrote:

Have any of you ever sat as a juror in a murder trial?  I have.  Two weeks of intensity I had not anticipated or experienced before or after.  It is difficult and burdening to feel that the life of a defendant is in your collective and singular hands.  The evidence presented in this case was beyond reasonable doubt of guilt.  Even so after the trial several of us were sobbing after reaching a verdict and being dismissed.  I believe we would have grasped at even a shred of evidence in the defendants favor.   Based on my experience I don't blame the jurors.  The fault lies in the evidence and how it was presented. 


ITA.  All this lies at the feet of the Prosecution Team of Marcia Clark & Christopher Darden.  

 

I watched the A&E special when they did the deposition for the civil trial.  Of course they mentioned the Bruno Magli shoes.  

'Are these your shoes?'...No.  

'Here's a picture of you wearing these shoes...are they your shoes?"...No.  

 

I couldn't help but think...knowing what I know NOW about the rich & famous using stylists...OJ had the fame, fortune & style to hire someone to dress him.  Stylists bring several selections, OJ chooses & wears them for the on-field promotion/photo shoot, and the clothes/shoes are returned.  'Are these your shoes?'....No.  He didn't own them.  Wonder if something like this was brought up?

 

I was also surprised with the show....I didn't realize OJ almost committed suicide in Robert Kardahsian's 13-year old's room....that being Kim Kardashian room.  I knew OJ & Mr. Kardashian were close friends...that family has been through a lot. 

 

Did OJ do it?  I believe he did...Everything points to it, but if there's even a slightest, teeny tiny doubt...not guilty.  @Bella Carro Thanks for sharing your personal story.  Sometimes it's not as easy as it looks, yes? 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 40,657
Registered: ‎08-23-2010

@LilacTree wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Bella Carro wrote:

Have any of you ever sat as a juror in a murder trial?  I have.  Two weeks of intensity I had not anticipated or experienced before or after.  It is difficult and burdening to feel that the life of a defendant is in your collective and singular hands.  The evidence presented in this case was beyond reasonable doubt of guilt.  Even so after the trial several of us were sobbing after reaching a verdict and being dismissed.  I believe we would have grasped at even a shred of evidence in the defendants favor.   Based on my experience I don't blame the jurors.  The fault lies in the evidence and how it was presented. 


 

It sounds like a terrible experience, but I have to ask .....  was race a major factor in that trial?


Absolutely 100% yes.  CNN's program indicated that many times.  Everyone knew he was guilty, but the jury and his advocates did not care.  He even wrote a book "If I Did It," if anyone remembers.

 


So sorry if I wasn't clear ... I was asking Bella about the murder trial she was on.  

Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,997
Registered: ‎03-25-2012

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Bella Carro wrote:

Have any of you ever sat as a juror in a murder trial?  I have.  Two weeks of intensity I had not anticipated or experienced before or after.  It is difficult and burdening to feel that the life of a defendant is in your collective and singular hands.  The evidence presented in this case was beyond reasonable doubt of guilt.  Even so after the trial several of us were sobbing after reaching a verdict and being dismissed.  I believe we would have grasped at even a shred of evidence in the defendants favor.   Based on my experience I don't blame the jurors.  The fault lies in the evidence and how it was presented. 


 

It sounds like a terrible experience, but I have to ask .....  was race a major factor in that trial?


Absolutely 100% yes.  CNN's program indicated that many times.  Everyone knew he was guilty, but the jury and his advocates did not care.  He even wrote a book "If I Did It," if anyone remembers.

 


So sorry if I wasn't clear ... I was asking Bella about the murder trial she was on.  


Oh, I am so sorry.  I apologize to both of you.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor
Posts: 33,580
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

@italia8140 wrote:

@colliegirls wrote:

The jury did not understand the difference between blood type and DNA. Yes, I also consider that jury to be a bunch of idiots.


It's HARD to believe that those jurors could be so ignorant. They were a bunch of MORONS!


We got your point the first 5 times you said it.  Geez.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 18,415
Registered: ‎11-25-2011

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@italia8140 wrote:

@colliegirls wrote:

The jury did not understand the difference between blood type and DNA. Yes, I also consider that jury to be a bunch of idiots.


It's HARD to believe that those jurors could be so ignorant. They were a bunch of MORONS!


We got your point the first 5 times you said it.  Geez.


@Lipstickdiva

Gosh that made me giggle.  ITA.

It's as if a major bet was lost.....!