Honored Contributor

CDC weekly surveillance report

For those of you interested in finding out up-to-date information on your own, here's a link to the CDC Weekly Surveilance page. It also includes some influenza data when the data affects COVID numbers. Hospitalizations by age group and other data is here.https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiO1IGYn7nqAhUMC6wKHQXiD9oQ...

Respected Contributor

Re: CDC weekly surveillance report

Thanks for the info, I have bookmarked it. I hope the CDC data is accurate and has not been tampered with as some states have done.

Honored Contributor

Thank you.

Esteemed Contributor

I to bookmarked it. I will check it regularly. Thank you @Mindy D 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

My dad's 80 year old friend went in for a blood test concerning his kidney got a call saying he tested positive for Corona. He called his Primary dr and said it was an error. So much for accuracy. At no time did he have a swab done.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor

@Nancy Drew so your point is that no one should be tested because there are some errors? Testing allows a person who is positive to self isolate until several tests show they are no longer a danger to others. I would not want to walk around infecting others. That is why I wear a mask even though I have no symptoms.

Honored Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:

My dad's 80 year old friend went in for a blood test concerning his kidney got a call saying he tested positive for Corona. He called his Primary dr and said it was an error. So much for accuracy. At no time did he have a swab done.

Is it possible he tested positive for the antibodies? 

Esteemed Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

@Nancy Drew so your point is that no one should be tested because there are some errors? Testing allows a person who is positive to self isolate until several tests show they are no longer a danger to others. I would not want to walk around infecting others. That is why I wear a mask even though I have no symptoms.

@chessylady  Boy did your imagination run wild! That wasn't my point. My point is how many other inaccuracies are there out there? 

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Nancy Drew wrote:

Is it possible he tested positive for the antibodies? 

According to his Primary Dr. No. Clean as a whistle on that front. His right kidney has an issue tho.

Esteemed Contributor

@Nancy Drew,  do you know what kind of covid testing was done when the man went in for blood work related to his kidneys?

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.