Valued Contributor

Hair Styling Products attract aerosolized virus?

Both my husband and I use styling products on our hair and when we have to go somewhere I can't help but feel like a droplet magnet.  Washing our hair everyday after we return from the store or a doctor appointment doesn't seem like something we want to do willingly. 

When we were both working we washed our hair everyday before going to work ....  is there now conventional wisdom that says you should wash your hair when you return back home.  I think there is a skeeve factor especially when we lay our head on our pillow at night.  Hmmm, will do a load of laundry today.  

Anyone else still use styling products in your hair to tame your locks ?

Honored Contributor

Re: Hair Styling Products attract aerosolized virus?

Who said that?  JMO but it's ridiculous.

Honored Contributor

I think it's extremely unlikely that hair styling products have anything to do with attracting the virus.  I haven't even heard that theory.  Very far-fetched, IMO.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

I hope so but I think our hair is alway picking up stuff that's in the air whether we use styling products or not.....pet dander, dust etc so it could be true.  

Esteemed Contributor

Oh, good grief!

I can't live in abject terror over every single thing.

I highly doubt the the virus lives in our hair.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

I still use styling products. I usually don't go in anywhere, I did take a baby bird to a rehaber this morning. I wore my mask in, washed my hands when I got home, but I am not taking a shower unless I get sweaty later on.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Nick Chavez sells that sticky stuff for chihuahau hair.  Woman LOL

I sure wouldn't use that.  I know I spelled it wrong....  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I remember reading years ago that people with allergies should wash their hair before bedtime, so they weren't putting their face against a pillow full of allergens from their hair.

Makes sense.  But I would not worry about the virus in my hair unless someone sneezed right onto it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I go to the store maybe once every two weeks. I take all precautions... wash hands...wipe off car interior and door handles....but do not bathe and wash my clothes when I get home each time .  I do take off my shoes....but, I always do that anyway. 

Now I hear   new precautions will be coming out here any day  about how the droplets stay in the air for longer than predicted before as aerosols......  this may be a game changer in understanding transmission from person to person....and making masks even MORE IMPORTANT.

Trusted Contributor

@germanshepherdlove  I'm sure it's unintentional, but I thought your thread title was pretty inflammatory and misleading.

Pitter pat went my heart and that carried me through reading about when you and your husband wash your hair.

I would say, do what makes you comfortable.