Reply
Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 33,689
Registered: ‎05-17-2010

Re: CBS Moonves Being Forced Out?


@OKPrincess wrote:

Another example of rewarding bad behavior. 

 

In the “real” world, you get nothing for wrong doing.


 

 

@OKPrincess  Uh, a prison sentence?

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,039
Registered: ‎09-22-2017

Re: CBS Moonves Being Forced Out?

[ Edited ]

@pigletsmom wrote:

There's new reporting out there that he tried to kill Janet Jackson's career after the Super Bowl debacle. Told VH1 and MTV not to play her music. Pretty nasty since she had a new album.


Wow, @pigletsmom I did not hear any of this regarding Janet. I laughed at your last

sentence when I read it because I instantly thought of Janet singing Nasty.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,152
Registered: ‎02-05-2018

Re: CBS Moonves Being Forced Out?

[ Edited ]

@Cakers3 wrote:

His exit is not based on those allegations.  It's based on a complex issue involving legal control of CBS.

 

His contract says he can actually be paid up to $180 million for an exit compensation.

 

However, the allegations have not been proven yet and if they are there are conditions regarding his behavior that COULD end up with Moonves receiving no exit compensation at all.

 

Two different issues.


 

I agree. There's been an ongoing power struggle at CBS that began long before the accusations of misconduct. If they haven't been able to prove accusations and fired him over that, he could have sued them for more money than they're giving him now in a wrongful termination lawsuit and he could have said they smeared him as part of a conspiracy to oust him.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,681
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: CBS Moonves Being Forced Out?

along with Moonves accusations were also reports of a general atmosphere at CBS so it will be interesting to see what the facts are - and what CBS puts forward as a corporate corrective. this part of the story seems to be broader than him and his accusers.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,527
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: CBS Moonves Being Forced Out?


@Cakers3 wrote:

His exit is not based on those allegations.  It's based on a complex issue involving legal control of CBS.

 

His contract says he can actually be paid up to $180 million for an exit compensation.

 

However, the allegations have not been proven yet and if they are there are conditions regarding his behavior that COULD end up with Moonves receiving no exit compensation at all.

 

Two different issues.


@Cakers3Lots of allegations have not been proven yet and lives have been ruined anyway.  

*********************
Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor
Posts: 17,593
Registered: ‎06-17-2015

Re: CBS Moonves Being Forced Out?


@esmerelda wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

His exit is not based on those allegations.  It's based on a complex issue involving legal control of CBS.

 

His contract says he can actually be paid up to $180 million for an exit compensation.

 

However, the allegations have not been proven yet and if they are there are conditions regarding his behavior that COULD end up with Moonves receiving no exit compensation at all.

 

Two different issues.


@Cakers3Lots of allegations have not been proven yet and lives have been ruined anyway.  


@esmerelda  No kidding. 

 

The point is that he is not being forced out just on unproven allegations as indicated in an earlier post: this is an issue about a power struggle for who is to control CBS.  Nor is he automatically being given $100 million.

 

Go back and read my whole post.

 

So what is your point?  Certainly you don't think I don't know lives have been ruined even if allegations are not proven.

 

Have a nice day, esme. 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor
Posts: 40,946
Registered: ‎08-23-2010

Re: CBS Moonves Being Forced Out?

[ Edited ]

For those who aren't aware,  many top executives in many various industries have employment contracts .....  and part of that is usually a pre-negotiated severance package.   Sometimes referred to as the Golden Parachute.

 

Oftentimes, it doesn't matter if it's a mutual decision exit, or "for cause",  although the payoffs could vary based on circumstances.     A quiet investigation has been ongoing, as reported in the news.   This is only a part of the behind the scenes activity at CBS.

 

A friend of mine who writes for established CBS shows says the "harassment"  charges were exaggerated because he's been in a tight battle with Shari Redstone for control of CBS ....  a multi-billion dollar deal.    Sorting out what's fact and what's been trumped up is a tricky thing.   The obvious question seems to be why didn't these women speak up when Weinstein, Ailes, Lauer, OReilly and all the other men were accused during the Me Too revelations.   Why wait until Moonves was in a serious negotiation for CBS' future?

 

A lot of top people are on Moonves' side because he's a good executive and has done an exceptional job ..... and this whole power struggle could appear completely different next week.   Time will tell.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 10,168
Registered: ‎03-14-2010

Re: CBS Moonves Being Forced Out?

I heard on CNBC that his departure had to do more with the Verizon merger than with the allegations and those would be dealt with separately. What nonsense.
Honored Contributor
Posts: 18,795
Registered: ‎04-28-2010

Re: CBS Moonves Being Forced Out?

Omg, it isn't easy being 'way up there' at the top.  Not easy for anyone (wives, S/O's, children, etc., etc., etc.). 

 

Probably very difficult to have a good night's sleep. 

 

Consider ourselves to be, more or less, very lucky. 

 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Contributor
Posts: 37
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: CBS Moonves Being Forced Out?

He should have gone shortly after Charlie Rose was fired. I do think that all the men accused should have some kind of legal trial, etc.