Esteemed Contributor

21.   Sometimes you have to accept that people's parts in your story is over.

22.   Every person has a bad habit naturally.  But it's up to the person to keep it or get rid of it.

23.   There are two types of people, those who make an effort to reach their dreams and those who sit back and dream about their dreams.

24.   In life learn to show appreciation to those who do good by you and return the favor as well.

25.   It is our duty to recognize the importance of every person.

26   People who want to get  everything all at once, usually end up getting nothing in life.

27.   People might not get all they work for in this world, but they must work for all they get.

28.   Keep away from people who try to belittle your dreams.  Small people always do that, but the really great ones make you feel that you can, too, become great.

29.   Be careful when you choose the people you can trust.  Some of them are lions in a sheep's skin.

30.   Don't worry too much about people who don't worry about you at all.

31.   Create space in your life for people who deserve it.

32.   You can't move forward whilst carrying the burden of your previous life with you.  Let go of the past and move on to the future.

33.   Look around!  People have faces with no smiles, as if they are carrying heavy baggage.  Stop them!  Give them a SMILE and see them light up.

34.   The best way to find out if you can trust someone is to trust them once.

35.   People all over the world are searching for the meaning, purpose and fulfillment of life.

36.   There will always be people in life who treat you wrong.  Be sure you thank them for making you strong.

37.   People will try to confuse your meekness for weakness, but no matter what, never let anyone draw you out of your character.

38.   It is the people who touch our lives for the shortest  time that are the hardest to forget.  

39.   Moving on is made a lot easier when you accept that some people are seasonal.

40.   If you can see positive in everything, you will be able to live a much better life than other people.

LIFE QUOTES

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

While all so true, #40 is the one that I relate to the most.  When I worked I had that statement most prominent on my quote board right in the center highlighted.

Respected Contributor

When I was leaving the parent telecommunications corporation in the 80's, I was taken to lunch at a fine French restaurant by two executives that I had worked for at one of the subsidiary companies ( they had now come up to the parent company ).

I had negotiated switching places with someone who needed to stay so I could start my consulting business.  It could have been a very awkward lunch but I admired these two individuals.

As we sat down, I told them I was thankful for all the growth opportunities that they given me because now I would succeed on my own.  I compared my 19 years with the company to being in a family: there are always good and not so good members.  You learn to coexist and become stronger.

I smiled and told them not to worry:  there are so many companies out there that you won't see me knocking on your door for work.  My resume with you will be my entree to their businesses.  Now, let's enjoy this special time !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Trusted Contributor

#21 is the one I am currently working on.  It is difficult but for my own sanity it is necessary.

Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma   ALL excellent advice!!

Valued Contributor

35. People all over the world are searching for the meaning, purpose and fulfillment of life.

The purpose of life is to live with purpose. 

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon