Honored Contributor

Smallest at the Sheldrick Wildlife Trust

[ Edited ]

This has to be the best of the several elephant sanctuaries. They find orphans and rehabilitate them back to the wild.   This little guy is the smallest.  His name is Ndotto.(means Too Dream in Swahili)  They found him wandering alone in the middle of a group of goats.  Somehow he got mixed in with the goats not long after he was born.  The mother might have gotten confused and frightened by the goat (& human) smell and left him.  But he's bigger now and healthy.  Still the smallest & youngest of the group of orphans.

Respected Contributor

Re: Smallest at the Sheldrick Wildlife Trust

[ Edited ]

He's adorable. Hope he makes it!

ETA: This elephant is now about 6 years old. Glad he made it!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I follow this organization on Twitter. They do amazing work to help elephants and other animals that are orphaned, caught in traps and need care. 

Honored Contributor

They are reintroduced back in the wild in stages.  From the nursery to two protected reserves.  They are patrolled.  They stay as orphans about 7 years or so.  Real Wild herds enter and roam through the area.  Gradually they will join the herds.  

Honored Contributor

Cute baby, bless that little heart!

Honored Contributor

I have adopted two elephants at the Sheldrick Wildlife Trust.  I absolutely love the work they do! Heart

Honored Contributor

Ndotto is ADORABLE!Heart What a wonderful organization to care for these wonderful animals....  

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

I have adopted two elephants at the Sheldrick Wildlife Trust.  I absolutely love the work they do! Heart

@Caaareful Shopper  bless you for helping those sweet babies as they so deserve the love and affection they receive from their wonderful Sheldrick team members as they went through so much before they were luckily rescued.  Heart 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@songbird    Sheldrick Wildlife Trust is an amazing organization.  I adopted Luggard and Eneshka.  If you haven't read about Luggard, please do so.  He is an amazing little fella who would have never made it without the care he received from Sheldrick after being shot 5 times in his leg.  

I donate to them as often as I can. I love what they are doing for our vanishing wildlife.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper    Me too!!!!  I adopted Luggard and Eneshka.  Luggard stole my heart the moment I saw him limping along trying to keep up with the others.  He hasn't grown as quickly as the others so I am a little concerned about him.  I haven't gotten an update on him lately. Smiley Sad