Respected Contributor

I expect that we'll be almost "normal" by October.

Frequent Contributor

YUP!!! It will dry up and fly away faster than you can imagine. Sun and humidity kill the virus (according to some scientists) in about an hour.  I say " everyone to the beach" !!!

Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 I'm a native Californian (and will always consider myself that!) who moved to WA state after my DH died to live with a sibling and sibling's spouse. It's fine but I am always homesick for So. Cal. (the South Bay) and keep up by watchign and streaming NBC Channel 4 news.

I watched the footage a few days of the huge crowds at Newport and other beaches. And there was very little distancing.

And having listened to KFI for years I can well imagine the whining that goes on!

Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@QueenDanceALot 

I don't disagree, Kitty, and having a smaller space for more people will only compound the problem. He probably should have stuck with his original plan. It's so hard to know.

I will say that people who like places like Huntington and Newport beaches aren't going to be happy to have to drive up to places like Malibu or Santa Barbara. Maybe it will be a lesson to get them to do better with the 6 ft rule so they can get their beaches back. 

I can't figure out any other reason he did this.

@SusieQ_2 

Well, I have to say I'm just crying for those people who aren't happy to have to drive to Malibu or Santa Barbara.

Seriously, Boo Fricken Hoo.

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@QueenDanceALot 

I don't disagree, Kitty, and having a smaller space for more people will only compound the problem. He probably should have stuck with his original plan. It's so hard to know.

I will say that people who like places like Huntington and Newport beaches aren't going to be happy to have to drive up to places like Malibu or Santa Barbara. Maybe it will be a lesson to get them to do better with the 6 ft rule so they can get their beaches back. 

I can't figure out any other reason he did this.

@SusieQ_2 

Well, I have to say I'm just crying for those people who aren't happy to have to drive to Malibu or Santa Barbara.

Seriously, Boo Fricken Hoo.

That's one h#ll of a drive for a bit of sand time.

Esteemed Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@SusieQ_2 I'm a native Californian (and will always consider myself that!) who moved to WA state after my DH died to live with a sibling and sibling's spouse. It's fine but I am always homesick for So. Cal. (the South Bay) and keep up by watchign and streaming NBC Channel 4 news.

I watched the footage a few days of the huge crowds at Newport and other beaches. And there was very little distancing.

And having listened to KFI for years I can well imagine the whining that goes on!

@Love my grandkids , so sorry hear about your husband. I've always thought WA state sounds like a lovely place to live. Glad you had people there.

I'm listening to KFI now. They just switched from Gary and Shannon who I would describe as the whiners (not that they're wrong. What do I know?) to John and Ken who I describe as ranters, lol.

They are really heated about the OC beaches being closed. The gov is taking a beating and probably will be until Tim Conway jr takes over at 6pm. I think it's time to put on some music! 

Esteemed Contributor

@QueenDanceALot  and @tansy 

Thank you ladies! I needed that! Smiley Very Happy

Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

Do you think that COVID-19 will pretty much be gone by Memorial Day (this year!)?

I sure don't.

ahhh. NO

Honored Contributor

No, I think the virus is here to stay for a very long time.  

I also think the state orders urging us to stay at home as much as possible, practice social distancing in public, and the reminders to wash our hands, wear gloves and masks should have made an imprint on what it takes to control/reduce the spread of  it.

Life goes on, and we must find a way to adapt to living with a viral threat among us.   

Respected Contributor

Only in the minds of those who believe in magical thinking.  I stopped believing in magic when I was three.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~