Trusted Contributor

No.  Wish it would be though.

Honored Contributor

No, people are anxious to get out and won't abide by the current recommendations. There's no way it will be gone completely once states start to open up in May. On the other hand, I don't think the goal of the shutdown was to eliminate the virus, but to slow the spread.

Respected Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

Do you think that COVID-19 will pretty much be gone by Memorial Day (this year!)?

I sure don't.

The only thing I think will be "pretty much gone by Memorial Day" is our collective patience.

Especially as people stop the distancing and there's normalization of business, I think there will be flares because it hasn't been brought under control. It's being handled in such an unprofessional, scattershot way at most levels that I lack confidence they'll lick it for years, barring some miracle. My trust in the CDC and the FDA is pretty much gone at this point.

Respected Contributor

No.

Respected Contributor

No.

Esteemed Contributor

@MoonieBaby wrote:

@Anonymous032819 

EW!

@MoonieBaby 

What did I say the was so "Ew!" worthy?

All I said was that it was wishful thinking that this virus would be gone/eradicated, wiped off the face of this earth like it never existed.

What's so "ew!" about that ?

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Trusted Contributor

No.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Honored Contributor

NO, i do not think so.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I have no idea but I doubt it.  

I will say that I think the people are going to be done with it by then.  More and more people have had it with what is going on and I don't see people following all these guidelines throughout the entire summer.

I don't even want to think about what will happen to businesses.

Respected Contributor

Unfortunately sometimes it is necessary to make long term sacrifices in order to come back correctly.

It seems we can not come back correctly because at this point we do not know how to deal with it successfully because there are different scenarios all around. Every state is doing its own thing.

It reminds me of a Stephen King novel without an absolute ending and keeps the reader wondering.

@QueenDanceALot 

No, I do not think COVID-19 will be gone by Memorial Day.

@QueenDanceALot 

Gone is not a word I can associate with this virus.