Respected Contributor

Something strange (IMO) is going on.  A couple weeks ago, I purchased 2 items.  One was the jar openers that were offered as a 2fer @ approx. $20 for both and free shipping that day.  The other item was a nail treatment 2fer for about $30.  Today I see they're offering the same jar opener for $19, but it's for only 1.  I checked my order and it didn't show the price of the jar openers, just the tax charged.  It did show the price of the nail treatment item.  Checked the item number on the openers and it's not shown on the page.  Now it makes me think QVC is sort of pulling a fast one offering just 1 at the piece I paid for 2.  Maybe that's how they're now offering free shipping.  Makes me wonder.  

Honored Contributor

@coffee drinker   The item numbers of two different configurations, quantity of one and quantity of 2 would be different.  They've sold two different kinds of jar openers lately.  Are you sure you're comparing the sane items?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Prices are not supposed to stay the same.  You probably got a special when it was offered @coffee drinker . I seriously doubt QVC is trying to pull a fast one.

Honored Contributor

Re: Buyer Beware

[ Edited ]

QVC often creates special package offers at much lower prices for a limited time. They do this in cosmetics a lot, so it doesn't sound suspicious to me.  

Respected Contributor
Yesterday I bought some pants from Old Navy online. They were on sale for $34.99. Today they are not on sale so they are $49. It’s just the nature of retail. Why is this shocking to you?
Frequent Contributor

@coffee drinker wrote:

Something strange (IMO) is going on.  A couple weeks ago, I purchased 2 items.  One was the jar openers that were offered as a 2fer @ approx. $20 for both and free shipping that day.  The other item was a nail treatment 2fer for about $30.  Today I see they're offering the same jar opener for $19, but it's for only 1.  I checked my order and it didn't show the price of the jar openers, just the tax charged.  It did show the price of the nail treatment item.  Checked the item number on the openers and it's not shown on the page.  Now it makes me think QVC is sort of pulling a fast one offering just 1 at the piece I paid for 2.  Maybe that's how they're now offering free shipping.  Makes me wonder.  

Wait.  You are complaining that you got 2 jar openers for $20 and free shipping as opposed to getting 1 for $19 ?  Sounds like a good deal to me.  

Respected Contributor

@coffee drinker wrote:

@coffee drinker   What I would say is Don't look a gift 🎁 horse 🐴 in the mouth👄.  LOL

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

Dynamic pricing is very popular among online retailers.  I imagine QVC does it too.