Honored Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

That is all you need a fox or two and a cat. It will kill all the bunnies.

And for good measure......

proxy-image.jpg

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten 

Are you sure it is rabbits doing this? We have moles and I have tried everything except dropping an explosive into the holes they have made on our property.

I have always had a riding mower because of the size of our property. Besides walking, it is a pretty bumpy ride on the mower.  Believe me, it takes its toll on my body, especially when I try to speed up getting it done.

Don't know why they picked our property, as our closest neighbors have nary a furrow visible in their yard!

Good luck, and be careful walking,

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

My son's dog chased a rabbit into their pool this past weekend. DS was able to rescue the rabbit with the skimming net.  Rabbit was released.

Honored Contributor

Rabbits look for a very safe, covered location to make their burrows; tall grass, wooded areas with thick ground cover, and under low porches, decks, and sheds are the typical places they choose to raise their bunnies.  

Moles, voles, and rats are responsible for the holes in the lawn.  Your lawn apparently has plenty of clover to draw the young bunnies out to feed.  

Honored Contributor

We have no bunnies at our main house, but there are many at our summer place.  We bump up against a farmer's field where corn is usually planted and they live among the corn stalks.

If they venture away, we also have bald eagles who will swoop them up and fly away with them.  In the fall when the farmer cuts the corn, the bunnies are everywhere and the eagles are too.

We have pesty deer in our yard at the main house which I hate.  They destroy everything. Also, groundhogs  and an occasional opossum.  I have plastic forks embedded in my gardens tines facing up, to keep the pests from eating my garden veggies, fruit trees and foundation plants and to keep the squirrels and cats from digging.

The groundhogs dig massive holes under my deck too.

You would think I live in a rural area, but I don't.  Wildlife animals are running out of places to live....so the suburbs are their homes now.

Honored Contributor

I will take bunnies,over moles.I have them in my yard,also voles.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

This is what a rabbits nest looks like.

We get then every year in our front laws.

rabbit-hole.0.jpg

Valued Contributor

All Creatures Great and Beautiful.🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰

Valued Contributor

@Mz iMac 

Nooo.

IMG_1649.jpeg

Respected Contributor

Careful where you're walking with these holes, burrows & tunnels.

I was out golfing with friends, looking up at the sky for where my golf ball was going to land, & I stepped *heel first,* into some kind of critter hole.  It ruptured my Plataris tendon, (that stretches from the back of my knee, down towards the back ankle).  Requr'd crutches, & requr'd weeks & weeks of early morning Phys Therapy days.