Valued Contributor

Valued Contributor

I am also having trouble signing in.  I received a broken item this afternoon, and am very upset. It was the fault of the post office.  The box had "fragile" on it, but apparently the USPS didn't oay any attention to it.  i won't order anything else from QVC that is made of glass.  I wish we could choose either USPS or UPS.

Honored Contributor

Call customer service and they will help.  Delivery is getting pretty bad with all carriers.  Even UPS has brought me damaged packages.  Don't blame all the delivery on the Q.  Some of the blame is on the venders and some on delivery.  Have had the same thing happen with Amazon orders.  Sorry you don't have your item yet, but maybe they can correct the problem for you.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Valued Contributor

Thanks for your feedback.  I did contact Customer Service to let them know, and they will refund the money.  I wanted to replace this item with another one, but was afraid it would arrive broken as well.  The Q wrote "fragile" in the box, so it is not their fault.  I wish UPS could deliver fragile items, but I am sure some of the UPS items arrive broken, also.

Honored Contributor

Some things are broke by the post office but some are qvc.   I got so tired of things breaking the day after I got or pulling it out of the plastic wrap with a visible crack right on top.  I stopped ordering in March 2012 after way to many broken or defective items.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Valued Contributor

I totally understand your frustration, Becky. I have returned several items because they were broken, or not working properly.  I am going to cut down on purchases if there is any chance they will arive broken or not working.  I guess clothes are OK, though. LOL

Valued Contributor

That should be "arrive"  not "arive".....

Trusted Contributor

Shipping is getting pretty scary.  I received item # H206422 from QVC today.  I took one of the pillars out of the box and it looked great (very pretty actually).  When I reached for the second one I noticed it was completely cracked in half.  I didn't even bother taking it out of the box.  QVC's customer service was very helpful and assured me a full refund once they get the package back.  I also received some clothes from Kohl's and the plastic bag was ripped open!  Thankfully all three items as well as my packing slip was still there.  Then......(if you've heard me gripe & moan about this before please bear with me, lol) a pair of earrings I ordered from JTV STILL has not had any tracking updates since Septemeber 23rd.  Yes, SEPTEMBER!  Unfortunately, dealing with them was not as easy or pleasant as dealing with QVC.  I sure hope shipping gets better with the holidays fastly approaching...

Respected Contributor

Re: Broken item

[ Edited ]

The majority of operations at USPS (and most major carriers) has been automated for quite a while. And machines don't read so writing "Fragile" on a box is pretty much worthless.

Shippers need to pack items well enough to survive a drop and use boxes strong enough that they can't be easily crushed.

Honored Contributor

@Sushismom  You're right the macines can't read the words 'fragile' or 'this side UP' however the human being certainly can or SHOULD.

Early this summer I received my new Acer laptop via UPS.  I knew it was coming so I watched for the truck to drive up.  I found the box (1) crushed, (2) sitting on it's end.  YES the box was marked 'fragile', 'THIS END UP', AND lithium battery inside.  DO NOT DELIVER IF BOX IS BROKEN. 

And there it was, box broken, sitting on its end, left out in the open for the world to see. 

The box also indicates to me the buyer, if box/carton is broken do not accept.  Well by the time I got to it Brown had driven away.

Good thing, and I mean REALLY GOOD THING my new Acer was in perfect condition.