Respected Contributor

Be sure you don't go just anywhere for a fitting. I went to a lingerie shop for a fitting a few years ago.  This young girl who seemed more like a student measured me and told me I need a 32 band.  I've always used a 34.  So much for all the hype about how people wear the wrong size.  Size up the sales associates for credibility before you even bother to get measured.  Their undies were overpriced and their staff was inexperienced.  I did get a beautiful bathrobe (in petite sizing, which is rare) at a nice discount that day, though I paid far too much for the brassiere for what it was.

Valued Contributor

@Suziepeach  Thanks so much for posting the link.  I have this problem too & tomorrow I'm going to adjust the straps to see if this helps & move on to the other suggestions if it doesn't.  Appreciate it a lot!

Blowing out someone else's candle doesn't make yours brighter.
Honored Contributor

@3cupcakes, you are very welcome!  It was like a lightbulb went on when I broke that rib so between what I did on my own and this website, I learned more stuff today too.  We all have to keep the "support", forgive the pun, LOL.

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Respected Contributor

Many years ago as I was driving home from conducting a workshop out of state, I felt as though I was having strange chest pain.  Walked through a mall and stopped inside Macy's.  As I was browsing through lingerie, the sales woman asked me what size bra I had on.  I answered 36 B:  my dear, it is too small.  She fit me and the correct size was 38 C.  No wonder I had " chest pain" !!!!

Since then, one of the things I have discovered is that post-menopause the body really changes:  get re-fitted then too.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm

This is OT, but I tried to tag you in another thread, but your name doesn't come up due to the space between lucky & charm.  It's over in Wellness in the plant-based thread.  Thought this might inspire your BIL struggling with blood sugar issues.  A simple mono-meal type of eating might do the trick.  Thanks for reading.

"Back to regularly scheduled programming!"

Respected Contributor

@SuzieGarnet wrote:

@fortune wrote:

My bras are riding up in the back and coming down in the front.  Am I wearing the wrong size or style?  Would appreciate your feedback!  TIA!

@fortune, maybe this will help..  I apologize for posting a link but it's for fortune..

http://www.lindasonline.com/bra-band-rides-up-back.html

Thank you, SuzieGarnet, I appreciate the info!!!!  happy-dancing.gif

Esteemed Contributor

Remember that show that aired on TLC, about the two women who owned a bra shop, and they would custom make bras?

I liked that show, and wish that TLC hadn't canceled it.

Valued Contributor

Your band is definitely too big and the cups are probably too small. Nordstrom's measures pretty, its the best I've found mass market. A local bra shop is probably even better. Victoria secret is a joke, they measure above the breasts under the collar bone and very limited in sizes & bands. You can measure yourself, basically buy a band that is the exact measurement underneath your breasts.   Your band should be abut 70-80% of your support, followed by cups and then the straps. A well fitting bra, the straps aren't really even needed.  The band should be strong enough to hold the boobs up. Here is  a good site where you can enter your measurements  and they will give you recommendations. Its extensive but it helped me find the right size, a bra base and blog about how to measure

Valued Contributor

@Suziepeach  Thank you so much!  I adjusted the straps twice this morning & it worked like a charm!  I was finally not yanking at my underwear all day.  yay!

again, Thank you for sharing the site & also what worked for you.  A broken rib is a yucky thing to deal with.  It sounds like you did a great job figuring out things to help while healing ! 

Blowing out someone else's candle doesn't make yours brighter.
Valued Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

Remember that show that aired on TLC, about the two women who owned a bra shop, and they would custom make bras?

I liked that show, and wish that TLC hadn't canceled it.

@Plaid Pants2 I remember that show.  The shop is here in Atlanta (a northern suburb).