Honored Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

@Lucky Charm 

Marley spoon has 3 or 4 total vegan selections a week. And also some meatless meals, but they have cheese, and such. I think some of the vegan are Halal.  They have 20 selections a week.  Most people order 2 meals a week, as that is the minimum you must order to be in the program..  It os 71 bucks a meal including shipping for each 4 person meal.  

There is one vegan meal I love.  You make a crispy crust with jasmine cilantro rice. The filling is beans, veggies and such.  You cut it like pie.  The rice is tender, but the bottom is browned, crisp.  Yum

Went back and looked at it again, thinking maybe I'm missing something, and still only saw one meal for the whole remainder of the month listed as vegan. 

The aparagus/edamame rice bowl.

Lots of vegetarian options for sure, but I only eat plant based and most preferrably organic.

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm 

Yes, you are right.  I looked again.  There are many meals with a leaf, which I thought was vegan, but it is not. Just means vegetarian.  For some reason Marley Spoon calls recipes with cheese as vegetarian.  I wouldnt, because cheese has milk.  But I guess the legalities are interpreted differently.  I eat organic as a rule, and I do not eat meat, but I eat fish.  Some concider fish a meat, but I concider it seafood, lol.  I havent ordered from Marley Sppon in a while.  But I do have the crispy rice amd bean bowl on my list for may.

plant based is excellent diet, but I bet it is hard to find in boxed meals.  At least for variety.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

@jonbonI shop at Safeway and have heard of Plated but have never seen it in the store.  Where do you find it in the store?  Thanks.

In our store (Northern California), the meal kits are right up front near the entrance. If I couldn’t find them there, I would check in the deli area. Deli employees do the ordering, stocking, etc. They have had specials in the past where, if you buy a Plated entree, you get free chips and guacamole or free olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm 

Talk about timing....today I received an email from Marley Spoon introducing their addition of Keto diet meal boxes, and the addition of more vegan meals!  The Keto meal looked interesting.  Ot was a huge grilled patty of some kind of carnivorous origin, with wedges of something that looked like potato and brocolli with a side bowl of some kind thick sauce.  It looked good, if I ate meat.  Lol.  The vegan was some sort of tempah loaf. i think.  With a bun made from a vegetable.  I couldnt find the exact recipe it was, but that vegan dish looked good.