Super Contributor

Re: Boston Bomber found guilty on all counts!!!

On 4/10/2015 tansy said:
On 4/10/2015 KittyLouSoutenu said:
On 4/10/2015 tansy said:

As a person who puts personal freedom at the top of the best things about living in the US (or anywhere else) I consider being put away for life in a maximum security prison to be about as harsh a sentence as a person could have.

Solitary would be the WORST. But I consider that to be extreme cruelty.

I believe we are better than that.

I agree with everything you said, KLW.

Hi, tansy!

Waving to KLW. I've got bail money if you lose control with the B at work todaySmiley Happy

I thought about landing in the pokey, and even though I know my life there would be really cushy and all I decided to be super effusively nice to her today instead of taking her out.

Because, well, I'm the better person!

But it's only 1:27 pm and you never know what could happen between now and 5:00!

Thanks for the offer!!

Super Contributor

On 4/10/2015 HollyDays said:

Solitary confinement is "cruel" and we're better than that? It's not water-boarding for cripes sake.

Weird that the same poster calling that cruel just wrote on another thread that she wants to punch her boss right in the face.

Got to love the faux bleedin hearts.

Yes, solitary confinement is cruel. Why don't you hear what those who have been put in solitary say about what happens to them. And yes, I think we are better than that. Civilized countries do not inflict cruel and inhumane punishment. The governments you probably abhor DO do that. You want us to be like them?

And it's really too funny that you would equate a statement I made about wanting to punch a woman I work with (not my boss, btw) in the face because of her nastiness towards us in the office to cruelty.

Seriously, too funny.

If you or your loved one was a victim of a terrorist act you would wake up and have a dose of reality. Go speak to the victims of the bombing who lost limbs, feet, hands and or the mother of the little boy who lost his life by being torn to pieces by the bomb your little terrorist placed at his feet.

You are comical. You want to be vindictive with your co-worker by punching her proudly in the face but you are claiming to be better than this.{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Super Contributor

On 4/10/2015 Qwackertoo said:

Actually, solitary confinement is for his own protection. Not cruel. Harsh perhaps. But again, for his protection. Those in solitary more than likely wouldn't last too long IF they weren't OR they'd be wishing they were in solitary or "put out of their misery" sooner than later.

I'm pretty confident that inmates who are thrown in solitary for disciplinary action don't wish to be there.

Respected Contributor

Actually, solitary confinement is for his own protection. Not cruel. Harsh perhaps. But again, for his protection. Those in solitary more than likely wouldn't last too long IF they weren't OR they'd be wishing they were in solitary or "put out of their misery" sooner than later.

I'm pretty confident that inmates who are thrown in solitary for disciplinary action don't wish to be there.

They didn't have to be there at all and they know it. Committing their crimes was more important to them than their freedom and now that they're in the punishment phase, we're supposed to feel sorry for them? If everyone else can manage to be law-abiding, so can they. They only have themselves to blame for their lot in life.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Super Contributor

Solitary confinement is "cruel" and we're better than that? It's not water-boarding for cripes sake.

Weird that the same poster calling that cruel just wrote on another thread that she wants to punch her boss right in the face.

Got to love the faux bleedin hearts.

Yes, solitary confinement is cruel. Why don't you hear what those who have been put in solitary say about what happens to them. And yes, I think we are better than that. Civilized countries do not inflict cruel and inhumane punishment. The governments you probably abhor DO do that. You want us to be like them?

And it's really too funny that you would equate a statement I made about wanting to punch a woman I work with (not my boss, btw) in the face because of her nastiness towards us in the office to cruelty.

Seriously, too funny.

If you or your loved one was a victim of a terrorist act you would wake up and have a dose of reality. Go speak to the victims of the bombing who lost limbs, feet, hands and or the mother of the little boy who lost his life by being torn to pieces by the bomb your little terrorist placed at his feet.

You are comical. You want to be vindictive with your co-worker by punching her proudly in the face but you are claiming to be better than this.{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

A woman who was badly injured in the bombing isn't even calling for the death penalty.

Would you like to see us bring back The Coliseum? Throwing this guy to the lions and having him torn limb from limb isn't going to bring anyone back. It only feeds the bloodlust.

And your comparison to what I said is still absurd. Surely you know that.

Or maybe you don't. Oy.

Honored Contributor

LOL, KittyLou, I don't think any prisoner wants to be prison to begin with, they all think they are smart and won't get caught ......... your statement is ridiculous!!!{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Super Contributor

On 4/10/2015 Hooty said:

LOL, KittyLou, I don't think any prisoner wants to be prison to begin with, they all think they are smart and won't get caught ......... your statement is ridiculous!!!{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

OY. Does anyone know how to read anymore?

Super Contributor

Comparing a murderer being sentenced to a life of solitary confinement to innocent people being thrown to lions for sport in the Roman Coliseum is a real sick stretch. OY

Frequent Contributor

Yeah, solitary confinement is really cruel. Guess what, so is placing a pressure cooker bomb by an 8 yr old. Death by firing squad, lethel injection or the chair is too good for this terrorist. The Roman Coliseum would work just fine for me!

And this thought of him being a martyr, who cares what they think. Most thinking people know there are no virgins waiting for this scum of the earth. Don't buy into the rhetoric. It's just another line to try to spare this terrorist his life.

Super Contributor

On 4/10/2015 Autumn in NY said:

Comparing a murderer being sentenced to a life of solitary confinement to innocent people being thrown to lions for sport in the Roman Coliseum is a real sick stretch. OY

I didn't ""compare"" them.

But carry on.

I'm done with this conversation.