Super Contributor

Re: Boston Bomber found guilty on all counts!!!

On 4/10/2015 scotttie said:

Gee what happened to your thread Holly?

Somebody compared me to the killers' evil mother and the rest is history.

Respected Contributor

On 4/10/2015 KittyLouSoutenu said:

As a person who puts personal freedom at the top of the best things about living in the US (or anywhere else) I consider being put away for life in a maximum security prison to be about as harsh a sentence as a person could have.

Solitary would be the WORST. But I consider that to be extreme cruelty.

I believe we are better than that.

Kitty, you do realize that these guys are being punished for horrible crimes, don't you? I don't believe we should give them a cushy life in prison which would essentially be rewarding them for their crimes. I've never been one to believe that our prisoners should be treated like they're going to a vacation resort with all the amenities when our returning veterans are treated like second class citizens.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Esteemed Contributor

Hey America, you did well in finding him guilty on all counts. Congrats.

Sorry there aren't firing squads allowed.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

On 4/10/2015 Topaz Gem said:

Kitty, you do realize that these guys are being punished for horrible crimes, don't you? I don't believe we should give them a cushy life in prison which would essentially be rewarding them for their crimes. I've never been one to believe that our prisoners should be treated like they're going to a vacation resort with all the amenities when our returning veterans are treated like second class citizens.

He's not going to a minimum security facility.

Super Contributor

On 4/10/2015 Topaz Gem said:

As a person who puts personal freedom at the top of the best things about living in the US (or anywhere else) I consider being put away for life in a maximum security prison to be about as harsh a sentence as a person could have.

As I said, TG, I consider being put away for life, having all freedoms taken away, to be harsh punishment. I do not think that prison life is "cushy", nor do I think it is a "reward", or on par with being at a vacation resort.

I don't know why you are comparing prison sentence to how our veterans are treated, but I will go on record as thinking that we should be ASHAMED of how we treat our veterans. It is a national disgrace.

Two different topics.

Honored Contributor

As I said, TG, I consider being put away for life, having all freedoms taken away, to be harsh punishment. I do not think that prison life is "cushy", nor do I think it is a "reward", or on par with being at a vacation resort.

I don't know why you are comparing prison sentence to how our veterans are treated, but I will go on record as thinking that we should be ASHAMED of how we treat our veterans. It is a national disgrace.

Two different topics.

I'm a little confused because where he is being held now is far from 'cushy', his next destination will be no improvement, I'm certain of it.

Super Contributor

On 4/10/2015 SydneyH said:

Two different topics.

I'm a little confused because where is being held now is far from 'cushy', his next destination will be no improvement, I'm certain of it.

I don't know where the "cushy" idea comes from either.

I wonder if some people think that having food and a place to sleep equates to "cushy".

Honored Contributor

I agree with everything you said, KLW.
Respected Contributor

On 4/10/2015 SydneyH said:

Two different topics.

I'm a little confused because where is being held now is far from 'cushy', his next destination will be no improvement, I'm certain of it.

Kitty had made the comment that putting someone in solitary is cruel and she feels that "We're better than that." I replied that I did not agree, because these guys are being punished; we're not giving them lifetime at a vacation resort.

So if what you're saying is correct, then it sounds like an appropriate punishment for him. I just don't want to ever hear that he has a flat screen TV in his cell, a computer, and all kinds of other bennies.

I bought up our veterans because I am aware that at some prisons, the guys do lead a pretty cushy life and I don't feel that is appropriate for prisoners considering how our veterans are treated.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Super Contributor

On 4/10/2015 tansy said:

I agree with everything you said, KLW.

Hi, tansy!