Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

Hey @SydneyH,

I just like reading your posts.

hckynut

Cool John, in case anyone needs to know, AGAIN, I've posted that way since I've been a member.  Hope that clears up any lingering questions.

Valued Contributor

Trying to use lower case on this forum and I admit i  am a ..... person.  Another glitch for me to work on.......(smiling as I am not upset but truly trying to understand the issue)

3 degrees and I still do not write well.  Goes to show college is not it is cracked up to be.

I do try to make people happy but guess that is impossible.   SO happy they have gone into detail on FB not to critique people that swap to CAPS when they need to for vision issues.   Let us all be the people we truly are.  

Hope everyone is staying warm this week!

Esteemed Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@sunala wrote:

@Coquille wrote:

Why do people feel they have to yell their posts to get their point accross? We all have opinions and we should be accepting of everyone's ideas, thoughts, point of views, etc..

Why do people feel they have to be nasty to one another if one doesn't agree with them? People can always disagree and debate on any topic but try to be civil.

@Coquille- out of curiosity, what is your definition of "bold lettering?" What size font is too big and what size is acceptable? Just wondering for the future. My font is size "3." Is that too big or too small?

I know that I can't see squat when I try to read the posts on my phone. I turn the phone sideways but it's still way too small, even if I enlarge the screen with my fingers. Not worth the effort.

Please explain? Thanks!

To me, @sunala, you and your font are absolutely perfect👌

I use the 3, too.  

Me too. (Lindsay's Grandma)

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

For one thing, many people who post here have trouble seeing "normal" fonts so bold is helpful.

And it's helpful for me to see it more clearly on my laptop as well.

I do hope that this bold response did not offend you Smiley Happy

........And I thought I was being considerate using easier

type to read🤷🏼‍♀️???

Honored Contributor

@Coquille wrote:

Why do people feel they have to yell their posts to get their point accross? We all have opinions and we should be accepting of everyone's ideas, thoughts, point of views, etc..

Why do people feel they have to be nasty to one another if one doesn't agree with them? People can always disagree and debate on any topic but try to be civil.

Yelling is using ALL CAPS, by using just bold lettering lets the reader know that you want them to listen to what you are saying. 

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

Anyone remember the OLD Masterpiece Theater version of I,Claudius?  In It Derek Jacobis Character has a stutter and he spoke a line that pretty much sums up my frame of view in this whole matter.  It goes something like this...  " I have always believed What a man says is MORE IMPORTANT THAN HOW LLLLLOONNNG (characters gasping stutter) HE TAKES TO SAY IT. "  My take on it is how they choose to PRINT it.

Honored Contributor

I have seen people on here comment on those of us that tend not to use paragraphs.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I was unaware that bold lettering in posts was a major issue or one of critical importance.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I think after you've been on these boards a while you know who uses bold text because it's easier to read, and who uses it because they believe whatever they have to say is more important than what anyone else has to say.

And that's a fact.

Respected Contributor

There is no right or wrong.

Different strokes for different folks.

Why and wonder all you want.

You will not control it, or individuals, nor is it to be contained.

Validation is not required.