Honored Contributor

@stuyvesant wrote:

I don't mind the blue font.  It's fine for me.

What used to drive me crazy were the ellipses people.  The ones......who posted.....every third.....word with dots.......dots.......everywhere.....

Thank goodness, that seems to be gone!

............    ..................... .................... Smiley Happy

@stuyvesant

Smiley LOL

OK, on that we can agree.

Smiley LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@Coquille wrote:

Why do people feel they have to yell their posts to get their point accross? We all have opinions and we should be accepting of everyone's ideas, thoughts, point of views, etc..

Why do people feel they have to be nasty to one another if one doesn't agree with them? People can always disagree and debate on any topic but try to be civil.

@Coquille- out of curiosity, what is your definition of "bold lettering?" What size font is too big and what size is acceptable? Just wondering for the future. My font is size "3." Is that too big or too small?

I know that I can't see squat when I try to read the posts on my phone. I turn the phone sideways but it's still way too small, even if I enlarge the screen with my fingers. Not worth the effort.

Please explain? Thanks!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Trusted Contributor

@Coquille wrote:

Why do people feel they have to yell their posts to get their point accross? We all have opinions and we should be accepting of everyone's ideas, thoughts, point of views, etc..

Why do people feel they have to be nasty to one another if one doesn't agree with them? People can always disagree and debate on any topic but try to be civil.

Welcome to the human race.  You're red meat at this point, babe.  You are being asked to give your personal comfort rules about posting - what exactly YOU would like.

Ignore it all.

Respected Contributor

@sunala wrote:

@Coquille wrote:

@Coquille- out of curiosity, what is your definition of "bold lettering?" What size font is too big and what size is acceptable? Just wondering for the future. My font is size "3." Is that too big or too small?

I know that I can't see squat when I try to read the posts on my phone. I turn the phone sideways but it's still way too small, even if I enlarge the screen with my fingers. Not worth the effort.

Please explain? Thanks!

@sunala What I should have said was posting all capital letters in a large font that takes up 3/4 of the page. TrinityII pointed out to me, the fact that some people can't see as well and that could be the reason for posting like that, as you have posted. I didn't think about that and that was my mistake. I am sure I can learn something new every day.

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Respected Contributor

@stuyvesant wrote:

@Coquille wrote:

Welcome to the human race.  You're red meat at this point, babe.  You are being asked to give your personal comfort rules about posting - what exactly YOU would like.

Ignore it all.

@stuyvesant Thanks. It doesn't bother me. If I'm wrong, I'll admit it. Thanks again.

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Trusted Contributor

@stuyvesant wrote:

What used to drive me crazy were the ellipses people.  The ones......who posted.....every third.....word with dots.......dots.......everywhere.....

GUILTY!!

I tend to use those dots, but I don't think I use them too much.....see?.....just maybe now and again.  I don't even know how or why I started using them. 

It is funny what annoys us, and what doesn't.  I don't mind at all when people use bold font, or different colors, but I hate it when posters write long, long posts in only one paragraph.  I just find it harder to read, when the thoughts aren't broken up into segments.

Honored Contributor

@sunala wrote:

@Coquille wrote:

Please explain? Thanks!

To me, @sunala, you and your font are absolutely perfect👌

I use the 3, too.  

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@stuyvesant wrote:

Raven blackbird did that and I miss her.

Honored Contributor

@Justice4all wrote:

@stuyvesant wrote:

Raven blackbird did that and I miss her.

@Justice4all

SEVERAL people used dots prolifically, one is still active on this forum.

Honored Contributor

Nothing like assuming something negative.  Guess you never thought that bold type may be due to vision challenges.