Respected Contributor

@godi Oh my...beautiful! Bluebird sightings here in CT are so rare...though they are supposed to be up here. I think I only ever saw one, very quickly, last year, for the first time! I keep a feeder up Feb-May (then take it away for summer as it's on my small porch, once I start using the porch to sit out on I have to take it away as it does make a mess and can't keep it out on the lawn of our condo complex.) Anyway, have never gotten any bluebirds at the feeder, even with mixes that say they attract them. I'm in southern Ct, near brush, marsh land, a river, just fyi...guess it's not their favorite habitat.

I do get hummingbirds at a feeder in summer. Smiley Happy

Anyway, thanks for sharing! Good you quickly got a photo! 💙

Respected Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

Beautiful pictures!

We have lived in our home for decades, feeding the birds,  but never able to attract bluebirds to our CT yard.  We read it was possible to attract them if we put in a simple wooden bird box or two specifically designed for blue birds.  Mind you, we already had other birdhouses scattered around our yard.

Well, one recommended little box on a pole installed and guess what?  We now get blue birds.  They are so beautiful.

Wow, good for you @PamfromCT ...as I posted below, I've never been able to attract them to my feeder!

I'm on a second floor condo, and not sure we can put up birdhouses on the lawn. Years ago my neighbor downstairs always had a birdhouse out on the lawn away from her patio in our common area to the side of our units...but she may have been told to take it down. I'll have to ask her...we have a whole new and better Board this year, much more open-minded to beautifying ideas around the common areas, and peoples' ideas. Anyway, if so, I'll read up on those "bluebird" type houses and maybe see if we can put one out again. 

Honored Contributor

@godi wrote:

@KingstonsMom  
0D353144-2878-433A-B20B-EBDDDE191F4B.jpeg
here is the bird before zooming. He lives in my one bluebird house 

@godi 

Ahhhh, that's more like it, LOL!

BTW, you're a very talented photographer, always love your photos!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I've never seen a bluebird-except maybe in the movie Bambi. Always wanted one to come but none did. Thanks.

Honored Contributor

BEAUTIFUL!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”