Honored Contributor

Who is not spending money on Black Friday? 

I have no desire to buy just because something is "on Sale" or a "deal".   In fact I am put off by the  hype. Easy NO.

Respected Contributor

I don't mind saving money!

I try not to be influenced to buy something that I didn't mean to buy, jut because it's a good deal.

I am sick & tired of hearing "Black Friday" sale on every day of the week since June.

Esteemed Contributor

With all these " Black Friday "  sales continuing for the last month or two , well I've forgotten when the actual Black Friday is ! 

Honored Contributor

I save money everyday because I very seldom shop with the exception being the grocery store.

I have everything I need plus stuff I don't need.  I have clothing in my closet with the tags still on them.

I have stopped shopping for stuff.  I throw away the coupons and catalogs on the way back from the mailbox so I am not tempted.

I give cash Christmas gifts to everyone except for my grand children who give me their list via email. They choose gifts online and send me the link to it.  I just click on "buy me now"  and pay...easy and done.  I also give them some cash too, so they can shop after Christmas.

I like things simple.  I have also asked people not to give me gifts.  I really don't want or need anything.

Valued Contributor

I did my black friday shopping today for a bag I've had my eye on for awhile, the MCM Mini Logo Crossbody Leather Backpack.  Originally it was $850, on sale today at Saks dot com for $398.65.  Rakuten had 16% cashback plus I used a $50 off $300 coupon and got free 2 day shipping with shoprunner.  Definitely worth it for me.

Esteemed Contributor

Guess some people have enough money to pay full price for things. 

I like to get deals.  I do my homework and know that they are deals and not just hype.  As they say ...a penny saved is a penny earned.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

I can't spend what I don't have, no matter what color the day is.

Honored Contributor

I love deals/sales...especially for things I use. I just ordered a great Lug bag at a terrific Black Friday Sale Price of $43.58 with FREE S&H (F13844)...

Thank you QVC!  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Black Friday

[ Edited ]

Whenever possible, I buy my clothing brick and mortar.  Because I needed to make a post office trip, I continued on another 1/8 of a mile to the large mall near home.  I looked for 2 items only -  a fresh white tank which I found at Nordstrom,  Not so sale, but a fit and style I wanted -  on a cost per wearing I know I didn't overpay.  

Could not find a sweater I'd hoped for -  most of what's being shown even here in southern Florida where today's temperature was 85 were too heavy, too long, and just overwhelming on me.   I'm done buying just because something is on sale, so I came home with my tank and a supply of stamps.  There will be sales for weeks and weeks now -  no pressure.

Super Contributor

Re: Black Friday

[ Edited ]

I am tempted to get a new cell phone, mine is an old flip phone with old prepaid plan.  I don't talk on the phone much, but I thought it might be nice to have a phone with data.  That said, I became overwhelmed immediately on Verizon.  I picked out a free phone with 2 year contract, data plan, added another device (an ipad), entered my zip code and looked carefully at the cart.  I saw where I could bump up to a better plan because of black friday deals, so went back and did that.  Just before I clicked I looked at the sales tax on the total.  It was more than I thought it should be, so I looked and they had a Ga. zip code and wouldn't let me change it.  I tried to clear cart, it wouldn't let me, a person came on and wanted to chat, so I told him my problem.  He then said, hi, I'll be back in a few minutes after I finish with another customer!  So after a few minutes I closed.  The deal needed to done online to get the phone free, otherwise, if I went into the store I would pay almost 400 for the phone and full price for activation, which is 40 on each product.  Guess I'm not so sure I want it anymore.