Esteemed Contributor

Somehow I am just missing the entire purpose of these ads.  The one about the woman who likes cheese has me totally befuddled.  Are others “getting” these ads?

Respected Contributor

I have not seen the ad. Is it on TV or print? If they are advertising on TV it seems to go against their mantra of cost savings. We get a weekly flyer in our newspaper from Aldi but I have never seen a commercial on TV. And I'm fine with that if it continues to keep their costs down which get passed onto the consumer.

Respected Contributor

I've never seen an Aldi's ad on television either.  As far as not "getting" commercials, that would be most of them :-) 

Honored Contributor

@KathyPet if the ad you are speaking to is the one where the wife is sitting at the table comparing prices and the husband is busy taking pictures (I found it on YouTube) yep that is a complete waste of money.  I have seen Aldi ads around here that are funny and get their message out very well but I agree this is a swing and a miss for them (although that elderly woman at the end waving him off with his camera was a nice touch).

Honored Contributor

I've seen ALDI'S TV commercials over and over.  Must be paying a pretty penny.

Never been in an Aldi's store.

Trusted Contributor

@KathyPet  You remembered the name of the store, their job is done. If you ever pass one you might go in and see what it's all about. That's what they want.

Respected Contributor

I gather Aldi chooses not to advertise in NY due to the high cost of advertising. Perhaps they advertise in areas where it is economically feasible to buy airtime. I love Aldi. Easily save 40 percent every time I shop there.

Esteemed Contributor

@grandma2pkmh wrote:

@KathyPet  You remembered the name of the store, their job is done. If you ever pass one you might go in and see what it's all about. That's what they want.

I have a Aldi’s About 10minutes away that opened about 6 months ago.  I have been in once.  I was not impressed.  I will not be returning.

Honored Contributor

Ours don't have TV or radio ads - just newspaper flyers.

Honored Contributor

I think it is weirdly funny!  A lot of the Aldi commercials are different -- and I kind of like that!  Very creative and yes --- it does get the store attention!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin