Honored Contributor

Hanukkah begins tonite for 8 days. another joyeous holiday for those who celebrate it, may it be a wonderful Festival of Lights!!

Honored Contributor

Happy Hanukkah

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

Thanks for the thoughtful reminder.  I have a neighbor who celebrates Hanukkah, and a cousin who lives in Tel Aviv.

Her husband was in a concentration camp for many years as a young boy and lost his entire family - Mother, Father and Sister.  May God cherish all who suffered there.  We must never forget them.

Esteemed Contributor

Happy Hanukkah and peace to all. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

Re: Happy Hanukkah

[ Edited ]

Happy Hanukkah to my cyber friends who celebrate. I had the privilege of attending several Jewish services and celebrations and left uplifted. Peace and blessings to all.

Esteemed Contributor

In my house we celebrate both Hanukkah 🕎  & Christmas 🎄!! It’s a fun time of year for us.

Tomorrow I make pot roast & potato latkes.I serve it with kosher cream white concord wine!! Rugalah for dessert!!

To all my forum friends who celebrate I wish you all a very Happy Hanukkah!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Happy Hanukkah

[ Edited ]

Only a few months ago I discovered through a DNA test that I am 6% European Jewish.  Yes, it's a small percentage, but my Jewish friends, when I was younger, used to say I was probably part of the "lost tribe of Israel."  Guess I was...

So, somehow, I feel closer to everything this year.

HAPPY HANUKKAH!

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

In my house we celebrate both Hanukkah 🕎  & Christmas 🎄!! It’s a fun time of year for us.

Tomorrow I make pot roast & potato latkes.I serve it with kosher cream white concord wine!! Rugalah for dessert!!

Sounds like a lovely dinner, enjoy it, dont forget the applesauce and/or sour cream with the latkes!! Yum!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

Sounds like a lovely dinner, enjoy it, dont forget the applesauce and/or sour cream with the latkes!! Yum!!

@Shelbelle We’re a sour cream family all the way!!

Super Contributor

To all you lovely people who post on this board I would like to wish all of you and your families a very Happy Hanukkah.