Honored Contributor

@lolakimono  not true in our family...about highest intelligence order and youngest... the opposite is true for DH's situation... he is the youngest!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

I've generally  found  birth order to be true. BUT, I've never considered it in terms of intelligence or IQ, merely personality traits. My younger brother is at least as smart as I am, definitely more street smart, I would say, but our personalities are very different. Some might have to do with gender differences, or how our parents treated us when we were growing up, but I do think a lot has to do with birth order, and I've noticed that with many of my friends and co-workers, as well. 

Super Contributor

What about twins?  I am the first born, by 3 minutes.  Does that mean I am the smart one?  Actually, I am (Dean's List- advanced Master Degree).  But my twin is also successful, school was a little more challenging for her. P.S. She is the pretty one.  So we balance out.

Honored Contributor

@teachergal our situation here is that there are 3 brothers. Oldest, middle, youngest (which is DH so I married the youngest of 3. I am the oldest of 2.) 

personality traits for oldest -- determined, stressed-out Type A for both "oldest"

Middle brother.. Fits middle sibling personality description to a "T"

Youngest brother (DH) -- very high IQ TEST scores -- so intelligent ... Ummm... Yes, and very passive personality. He agrees that youngest is spoiled-- that would be him he thinks... And he doesn't do well with high-stress situations.

FWIW!❤️

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~