Esteemed Contributor

I was headed to bed a while ago, but I wasn't sleepy... now I'm going.  Good night, all...

Valued Contributor

Re: Bette & Friends

[ Edited ]

deleted by poster

Esteemed Contributor

Oh how preciousHeart Night Kittymom

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Bette & Friends

[ Edited ]

surfk, that is what my mother had. It puts out "feelers" in all directions. Terrible stuff and very aggressive. Smiley Sad It's also very rapid growing. My aunt also had it. They removed a tumor the size of a tangerine and did not get it all. There was no sign of a tumor 5 weeks prior to her surgery Smiley Sad

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Occasional Contributor

Hello ladies, if I may I saw something that surf posted and wanted to respond.  My mom was diagnosed with glioblastoma multiforme in late April of 2014.  She underwent surgery May 7, 2014 then six weeks of radiation and chemo.  For a brief while my hopes were high that she would miraculously survive this aggressive, vicious cancer.  Unfortunately she died in April of this year but fortunately she did so without pain.  The one saving grace of this type of cancer is that pain with it is uncommon.  

The cancer was in the frontal lobe and like your dad, surf, it affected her ability to communicate.  She could read but not write.  She would say some of the goofiest things which at times would bring a little comic relief to all the sorrow and worry I felt.  It was so hard to see what the cancer did to my once vibrant mother. The past year has been one of the most difficult of my life.  I wouldn't be honest if I didn't say that it was a relief when she finally succombed to it.  I cherish every memory I have of her and will miss her for the rest of my life.

Honored Contributor

@NoelSeven I was referring to the post where you tell about being aware of your history caring for your husband and his stroke. That WAS you, right?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@NoelSeven I was referring to the post where you tell about being aware of your history caring for your husband and his stroke. That WAS you, right?

@LTT1

That's @betteb.

It just looks like @NoelSeven because of the copy/paste in the post.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono Thanks, lola  -- this clears it up... I was meaning to address @betteb!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Morning all!! Contractor is outside with his assistant figuring out why water is running backwards from roof to gutter over one side of patio. Turns out a 1" X 6" wood board that was installed over the fascia is causing the shingle to buckle upward and it needs to be shaved a little so that the shingle can go downward like on all other gutters and let the water run directly into the gutter. They have been here for an hour already.

I also took a photo of the newest daylily to open near my garden shed. Its over on the Garden Forum under 'My Daylilies' A group of us post photos of what is happening in our gardens under various categories-- roses, hydrangeas, perennials.

It's nice to see what people have in their gardens during this time.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

Good early afternoon everyone! Woman Happy

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow