Honored Contributor

Re: Below a Picture of Where George Clooney wants to Marry... Source: Dutch Newspaper ~~

Oh my, such a theatrical venue, and to think I already sent my regrets...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Re: Below a Picture of Where George Clooney wants to Marry... Source: Dutch Newspaper ~~

I am not sure I could live happily with a man that wasted money that way. I am serious. There are so many better things to do to show your love and spending big bucks on a wedding is not one that appeals to me.

I know. Wet blanket...his money...a drop in the bucket to him and on and on. Romantic is one thing. This is quite another. JMO.

Super Contributor

Well, I myself would die in that location. My own wedding was small, and had it at a French country house where the minister (later Senate Chaplain) stayed for the luncheon after we had our champagne toast and had a great time. My husband had most of his friends in Europe, so not many could make it, so - jealous as he was - couldn't invite as many friends of mine as I wanted, which never sat well with me. No surprise that the marriage didn't last....

Magenta

Respected Contributor

Stunning, should they choose that location I am certain it will be a lovely ceremony.

Super Contributor

I love George but I think he is getting married so he can run for office in some capacity or his marriage will help him out in some way. I don't believe for a minute that this is ""love"" especially after some of his interviews he did previously about what he thought of ""marriage"".

Honored Contributor

On 6/6/2014 scotttie said:
On 6/6/2014 winamac1 said:

I'm a bit "surprised" to say the least. HE's fairly unceremonious so I am surprised.

TO tell the truth I kind of am too. It will attract even MORE attention if it takes place there.

exactly scottie! I didn't think he was full of pomp and ceremony. He's a bit of a rebel and does things his way, and this is something I'd expect Madonna/the Beckhams, lol, etc. to do.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

....and I thought they would get married in a drive up chapel in Vegas.

Super Contributor

I'm just curious to know what 'this one" has that the other 100 didn't. Did they date very long? Seems like he broke up with Stacy Kiebler not that long ago.

Personally, I can't stand him. He is a big egotistical snob. I don't think I will get invited to the wedding.Wink