Honored Contributor

Beleaguered Puerto Rico Bracing for Hurricane

Very concerned about Puerto Rico being in hurricane's path.  Puerto Rico has been struggling under tremendous financial difficulties and trying to get on a path to solvency.

Hoping against hope that the storm will be less fierce than they currently expect-- they surely don't need this disaster at this time.

I'll be praying for lovely, vulnerable Puerto Rico.

Honored Contributor

Re: Beleaguered Puerto Rico Bracing for Hurricane

One of my BILs has family there and he's worried:/

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Oznell, That beautiful island is in my prayers. We have a time-share there and we've been there many times....Recently, I have been reading the rain forest (interesting-the censor didn't let me spell it ) now has handicapped accessibility: my knees couldn't take hiking!

I love the people, the food and the culture....

Hugs,

Poodlepet2

Respected Contributor

@moderator, I just got a message from QVC that I was using an "invalid HTML":  It went to suggest I review my message.....

I figured out the problem quickly: I had written the names of geographic locations in Spanish...

Those are their names....just like my town-and many states have Spanish names....

People have friends and family in Puerto Rico: I understand the no foreign language thing-but we just want to share information.

It's highly possible that QVC customers have family and friends there. Hurricanes are crazy!

The Net gets crazy: during Irma, I couldn't get my local news live, but I could get QVC.

Please don't make us jump through hoops. Install software that recognizes geographic places....

Thank you,

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

My cousin and his wife have second home there and they are very worried.  Not just for their home but for all the people they know there who didn't have the option to fly out the way they did.  Due to PR's financial situation, they got an amazing deal on their home but they are wondering if in hindsight, buying that house might have been a mistake.  

Respected Contributor

I am sick and tired of people deciding where we all should live.....

I am just shocked-are you not one of the monitors?

Nobody has crystal balls my dear.....You like where you live-and we like where we live.....let's just over it and help.....

Little reminder here.... do you have a sweet little creek kind of near you?....I Hope you are covered for flooding.

Hugs in friendship, but we just need to think-me included is me!

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

@Poodlepet2  I don't think the Spanish names had anything to do with the message you got.  If you'll look at the top of the format where you write messages it says "Rich Text" and "HTML".   Somehow the HTML got chosen when we use Rich Text, the default.  You just need to click on Rich Text.  I've found if you'll wait a couple of seconds it'll correct itself then tell you to post your message. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Poodlepet2 wrote:

Nobody has crystal balls my dear.....You like where you live-and we like where we live.....let's just over it and help.....

Little reminder here.... do you have a sweet little creek kind of near you?....I Hope you are covered for flooding.

Poodlepet2

@Poodlepet2  To whom is your message directed? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Poodlepet2 wrote:

Poodlepet2

I don't understand your post.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Poodlepet2 wrote:

@moderator, I just got a message from QVC that I was using an "invalid HTML":  It went to suggest I review my message.....

I figured out the problem quickly: I had written the names of geographic locations in Spanish...

Those are their names....just like my town-and many states have Spanish names....

People have friends and family in Puerto Rico: I understand the no foreign language thing-but we just want to share information.

It's highly possible that QVC customers have family and friends there. Hurricanes are crazy!

The Net gets crazy: during Irma, I couldn't get my local news live, but I could get QVC.

Please don't make us jump through hoops. Install software that recognizes geographic places....

Thank you,

Poodlepet2

@Poodlepet2,  I believe you're misinterpreting the HTML notice we all receive from time to time.

This is the notice:

"Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body.  The invalid HTML has been removed.  Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied."

This message is not related to censoring words.   It has nothing to do with Spanish names, etc.   It merely means a post was checked by the software for any potential problems with links, embedded code, etc.    It's a safety measure.   We started seeing it, fairly often, a couple of years ago after the launch of the new forum platform.     

When you see it, you don't need to edit your post -- just click the word "POST" again and your comment will post with no problem.   

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova