Regular Contributor

I just bought this but don't know how to use it.  Any suggestions?  TIA

Respected Contributor

@Mom in NY wrote:

I just bought this but don't know how to use it.  Any suggestions?  TIA

Mom--I have heard much about the use of beet, and I, too, would like to know its benefits and how to use!  

Respected Contributor

If it's the brand I'm thinking of, you should take only a small amount and mix in water. It's supposed to help circulation. Beware though because 1 tsp is equivalent to 3 large beets.  The brand I'm thinking of is called Super Beets and it's concentrated beet crystals.

Honored Contributor

Re: Beet root powder

[ Edited ]

@truffle wrote:

If it's the brand I'm thinking of, you should take only a small amount and mix in water. It's supposed to help circulation. Beware though because 1 tsp is equivalent to 3 large beets.  The brand I'm thinking of is called Super Beets and it's concentrated beet crystals.

@truffle wrote:

Beware of 3 large beets?

I'm eating some beets as I type.  They're great in salads.

Not a fan of the powder, but I used to put it in smoothies.

Honored Contributor

Here's a description of the beet root powder I buy:

"Organic beet root powder is made from the familiar red, fleshy Beta vulgaris root, which is known for its impressive rich nutritional profile. We’ve specially prepared this superfood powder to maintain its nutritional integrity by slowly dehydrating the roots at low temperatures, gently removing any water while maintaining its natural supply of healthful compounds. Use this versatile powder to add a nutritional boost to smoothies, yogurt, cereal, or your next recipe!

For adults, mix one (1) teaspoon of powder with 6 ounces of water, juice, or your favorite beverage. Taste and adjust liquid to your preference. Drink once daily to support well-balanced nutrition and a healthy lifestyle."

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Here's a description of the beet root powder I buy:

"Organic beet root powder is made from the familiar red, fleshy Beta vulgaris root, which is known for its impressive rich nutritional profile. We’ve specially prepared this superfood powder to maintain its nutritional integrity by slowly dehydrating the roots at low temperatures, gently removing any water while maintaining its natural supply of healthful compounds. Use this versatile powder to add a nutritional boost to smoothies, yogurt, cereal, or your next recipe!

For adults, mix one (1) teaspoon of powder with 6 ounces of water, juice, or your favorite beverage. Taste and adjust liquid to your preference. Drink once daily to support well-balanced nutrition and a healthy lifestyle."

I used a brand that sounded similar to this.  Since I didn't see much of an energy boost or anything else from it I stopped using it as it was pricey and I eat a lot of beets now anyway.  I bake a bunch of them at a time and then they're ready for salads and I  usually eat a large salad every day for lunch.  

Esteemed Contributor

Not to be gross, but if one eats too many beets, it can turn your poo red.

Honored Contributor

I'm eating a red beet hummus sandwich right now!  Love beets!

Honored Contributor

We grow and can our own beet, and I can't get enough of them. They are like candy for me. I have to control myself because I could eat them until I was sick.

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

Which isn't anything to worry about

Cat Happy