Contributor

I love today’s special value.  My concern is the way Antonella is treating the

necklaces in her hands. She is rubbing several strands together which I would think might scratch them.  I sure wouldn’t want one of those strands sent to me, if I order one. 

Esteemed Contributor

TSV is very pretty and very pricey.  I have owned strands of Mikimoto pearls and greatly prefer "shell" pearls (made from pearl material and individually knotted).  These are readily available from Bay from numerous Chinese vendors at less than $50 a strand.  They wear like and look like cultured pearls.

Honored Contributor

They seem to have stepped up their designs to have a more contemporary vibe.  I'm not fond of pearls but I'd loved to have a granddaughter graduating this year for whom I could get that rose gold/pink pearl necklace and bracelet.  Instead, I have a big hulking grandson.  Sigh.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

They seem to have stepped up their designs to have a more contemporary vibe.  I'm not fond of pearls but I'd loved to have a granddaughter graduating this year for whom I could get that rose gold/pink pearl necklace and bracelet.  Instead, I have a big hulking grandson.  Sigh.

@Kachina624

You don't like pearls?!

That's what I gave my DD upon her high school graduation. I got my GD pearls, too when she graduated, but never gave them because she expressly told me that she "hates pearls!"

You are not fond, but how anyone could hate pearls is beyond me! The Mings are especially pretty!

Honored Contributor

@rvmom wrote:

I love today’s special value.  My concern is the way Antonella is treating the

necklaces in her hands. She is rubbing several strands together which I would think might scratch them.  I sure wouldn’t want one of those strands sent to me, if I order one. 

Well, unless you order an "as is" I doubt you would get the presentation piece.

Honored Contributor

I’ve always loved pearls, but the more traditional white or now have begun collecting grey and “black” (which is not true black), but in different light, has tones of blues. 

I tend to wear very large mm pearls...10-12mm strands and 10mm white stud earrings. When I inherited the 36” white 10mm strand I was in my teens & didn’t appreciate them until in my 40’s. They were kept in my safe. When I had them re-strung, I had the jeweler add my Aunt’s diamond pin as a clasp on 1 strand (for dressier occasions) & divide the pearls into 2 18” lengths w/ a special clasp that can invisibility join them back to 36”. I always wear the one w/o the clasp, paired w/ a silver chain or other fine gauge silver necklaces. Layering the pearls make them appear less formal to me. 

I have a smaller mm 36” strand which I will divide into 2 18” necklaces for my granddaughters when they reach 13 & have their Bat Mitzvahs. This 36” necklace was given to me by DH on the occasion of my son’s (their Dad’s) Bar Mitzvah, so will have special meaning to them. 

Trusted Contributor

I am a pearl lover.  The TSV is so pretty, but just out of my price range right now, sadly.

For those of you purchasing....enjoy and wear them in good , beautiful health !

Honored Contributor

I'm loving that new pearl ring J354620.

Honored Contributor

I LOVE..... pearls!!! And those Mings are fantastic. I ordered a strand of  Mings  once, just to see them in person---they were very pricey so no way could I justify buying them---but OMG---how lovely!!! Was worth the shipping/ ins $$ to return them. I have many pearls, both necklaces and earrings that I wear all the time. Alot of them are dyed which is just fine with me--I love those too. Makes them a little less formal to wear. I bought many pearl things  on JTV--got a strand of pearls, with  the the same colors as the TSV---so pretty!!!! They were on sale and good quality too ----didn't pay hundreds of $$ for them--that doesn't fit my lifestyle now, but they make me happy-------Love Honora too.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Beautiful Honora TSV

[ Edited ]

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.